DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All righty, I have another request. Has anyone ever had to remove the gas tank off of their car before?

It looks like there might just be two bolts holding the straps to the body that need to be loosened and then it will lower. Is this correct?

Just so you know, the gas tank won't have to be reinstalled, so I just need to remove it, not put one back in its place.

Also, does anyone know what PSI the fuel pump is? I will be installing an auxiliary fuel tank, so might just use an inline fuel pump if that is at all possible.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
around 55 psi i believe

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
All righty, I have another request. Has anyone ever had to remove the gas tank off of their car before?

It looks like there might just be two bolts holding the straps to the body that need to be loosened and then it will lower. Is this correct?

Just so you know, the gas tank won't have to be reinstalled, so I just need to remove it, not put one back in its place.

Also, does anyone know what PSI the fuel pump is? I will be installing an auxiliary fuel tank, so might just use an inline fuel pump if that is at all possible.

Thanks!
I believe the pump itself is capable of over 150psi, you would need clarification on that. However the 3.5 V6 is vac-regulated (via fuel rail return side) to approx 45psi and the 3.3 55psi Rail pressure.

The tank holds 18 gals. 19 if you fill it well. I avg anywhere from 450-500 miles on a tank all Highway at avg speed of 65-75 mph.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the help,

I should be tackling this project this weekend. I also found the very handy how-to PDF on this site as well, which should work really well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts