DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to go about fixing these? I was considering sanding and hitting it with a high fill primmer or putty primer then painting it with either spray paint or trim paint... I've never done it though, and I was wondering what you all recommend.... Here are a few pictures.

Thanks in advance. Any help is highly appreciated, if at all possible I'd like to avoid having to get the parts from a donor, but if I must I will.

Also, kind of a little bit off-topic, but how do you all think wrapping the a c and maybe b pillars in headliner material? It's just a thought I've been having.

~BigBCC

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I've repaired damage like that..using a heat gun and shaft of a screw driver..didnt look PERFECT..but came out pretty good.....it's an option to try if you dont want to do the yard thing yet... but It is the easiest way (not sure about cheapest)...
In my situation..the yards around here are insanely high priced.. ebay is the much cheaper choice..even with shipping

Headliner material is kinda thick for A,B,C pillars.. it'll look puffy and probably have fitment issues... research what others have done (doing mine in automotive grade ultrasuede..**fade resistant**)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've repaired damage like that..using a heat gun and shaft of a screw driver..didnt look PERFECT..but came out pretty good.....it's an option to try if you dont want to do the yard thing yet... but It is the easiest way (not sure about cheapest)...
In my situation..the yards around here are insanely high priced.. ebay is the much cheaper choice..even with shipping

Headliner material is kinda thick for A,B,C pillars.. it'll look puffy and probably have fitment issues... research what others have done (doing mine in automotive grade ultrasuede..**fade resistant**)
Ha that was my idea with the suede too... I'm getting about 5 yards by 60 inches wide There is a coupon code for 15% off too, PM me if you want it.... Here is where I'm getting it from http://www.yourautotrim.com/suheobl.html

Also, do you know of any way to get the foam off the headliner board without damaging it? Mine's already damaged (gonna fix with fiberglass though) and I don't wanna damage it anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts