DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone knows of the "glare filters" you can put on a computer screen so that you can only see it when you're looking at it head-on, right?

Anyway, does it seem feasible to fashion one for my gauge cluster? I'm tired of people riding with me looking at my speedometer and making some %$#@% comment.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
LOL your crazy man. Just tell whoever is riding with you that they could always WALK if they dont want to drive with you.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's kinda hard when it's my girlfriend or my mom.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
LOL I can understand if its your mom. But the GF needs to keep her mouth shut. Damm if I tell my GF the same thing when she is driving... I get a dirty look. Hahahahaha.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I don't see why you couldn't do it....just get a glare filter big enough to cover the area then cut it down to fit the cluster.

If it is your GF and Mom I doubt a glare filter will help much...they will still know when you are going fast etc...

·
Registered
321 Posts
tell them its a Privilege to ride with you LOL and if they prefer to walk then stop the car. this works every time. they all ways suddenly like your driving. :D

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Try a pair of blinders, like race horses wear. That way they'll only be able to see straight in front of them. Or, suggest that the view from the trunk is fantastic and that they should try it out when the ride with you. OK, something a little less cruel: the cluster is really easy to get out in the 1st gens, so i would think there's some way to tint it, coat it, something to make it difficult to read from the passenger side. All else fails, paint the whole damn thing black and just guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts