DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a 99 Concorde LXI and the gaugaes look like this 99 gauges .Would I be able to switch this to LHS or trep gauge? If so how?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
The entire cluster pulls out. You will need to tear the dash apart, easier than it sounds, and then undo two screws holding the cluster in, and then pull the cluster out. This might require a little muscle if this is the first time the cluster has been removed. Any cluster with the same features will hook right up. But remember if you have A/S you will need a cluster from a car that had A/S, and the smae goes for traction control. You will also need to remove the clear plastic cover from your cluster and put it on the cluster you are installing if you want to avoid any gaps. If you need any more help let me know. I have gotten quite good with the removal of the clusters os of late. With the proper tools you should be able to do the entire thing in about thirty minutes!

·
Registered
849 Posts
The hole for the trip meter button is in a different place on a 300M/LHS cluster from the Concorde. But you can drill it a new one.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
That is why I said to keep the cover from the Trep. That will eliminate the problems I think. I had a LHS cluster in my SE, because it did not have A/S, and I have 300M gauges in my R/T, and with the clear cover from the Trep there is no issues. But the Concorde might, for some reason, be the only one that doesn't line up properly.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
he's got a corde tho. He'll need to drill a new hole. The trep guages will have the button a little farther left than the hole in the clear that he'll need to keep to not have gaps...I like your guages. Maybe you could have custom backing done for them and keep them that way.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
So all of the LH cars have the button in the same place except the Concorde? What a stupid thing to do. Well option two might be to use the clear cover from the donor gauges and see how well it fits. I know that the other covers do not fit the trep, but they might fit in the corde. I don't know if this will work or not so somebody correct me if you know something about the subject.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I dunno either for sure. I'm just using memory versus his pics so they might be in the same spots.. as far as other lenses fitting: If the corde's don't fit the trep i'd doubt that the trep's will fit the corde :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts