DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to move this to a differant post. After replacing some wires in the fan relays and after putting the lower dash back in. My gear indiccator lights are all on in park and neutral. I did have batt connected at the time and the feed for the lighter sparked on the shifter bracket, Don't know if this would have caused anything or not. Or if this is a seperate problem with the tcm maybe

Thanks

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
still looking for a possible cause and solution for this

thanks

·
Registered
566 Posts
Nobody said anything about working anywhere near the left side of the transmission, but one thing in that vicinity that will cause the exact symptoms is an improperly seated connector to the "position" switch (can't remember the official name off the top of my head). It's hard to get fingers on because the connector is right next to where the dipstick tube enters the transmission, but if there's any chance wiring in that area might have been jiggled, I'd check that connector. Access is *so* tight that you may not be able to disconnect and fully reseat it easily, but in my case I was able to do enough wiggling with downward pressure that the job got done and the lights behaved normally...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried unplugging and re plugging all the connectors, and didn't help. Have been trying to find a schematic for the tcm and trans, no luck yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts