DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, aside from the very cold weather, I think we had a pretty good meet. I had a fun time, and it was good too see some people again and meet some new ones. It was especially nice to finally meet djpill, since he has been on the site for a long time!

unkut definatley has a nice looking ride in person.

we had some good giordano's pizza after the meet, and then went and hung out at the usual hotel lobby, where we made some calls to other members and took a tour of "matt's bathroom".

:banana:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yep, yep. Sweet meet. Unfortunately, the DVD wasn't ready as initially planned. It was definately a good time. Putting faces to the names of Frost5466, Unkut, and a few others was enjoyable.

Oh, by the way, guys - who got 2 trophies? You know, besides me? :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
kirrer said:
Yep, yep. Sweet meet. Unfortunately, the DVD wasn't ready as initially planned. It was definately a good time. Putting faces to the names of Frost5466, Unkut, and a few others was enjoyable.

Oh, by the way, guys - who got 2 trophies? You know, besides me? :)

trophies? I have 2. and it was great to finally meet you Kevin, Unkut and DJ! And yes we do need to get more people there next year. It is awesome to be the top club represented.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Whatever happened to gearfest sex, though, sami? I musta missed out on that one :-/

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
The rumors were officially confirmed at Gearfest. DjPiLL was in attendance. :D

I made it a point to keep a low profile on the boards leading up to this event after originally putting my name on the list a few months ago. I had every intention on showing up once jrhody moved the Gearfest date from Labor Day weekend to this weekend.

I figured the shock value alone was worth keeping quiet and to see everyone's face when I just "showed up" in my phat ass, tricked out, beater rental, Chrysler Pacifica. :yawn:

Yeah was definitely a great time and it was great to meet some other DI.net people (not from the east coast). My only regret is that some of the famous Minnesota members did now show (Winky, Al, etc.). :(

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Quite nice seeing Rich again. As well as Uncut and his wife. His car is AWSOME.

The minnesota people usually only show up for the International meet, you might have to consider making one of those to meet everyone from the midwest.

Once again I got to see Shamrock. His car is AWSOME as well.

--Gorm

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Gorm said:
The minnesota people usually only show up for the International meet, you might have to consider making one of those to meet everyone from the midwest.

Yeah.... might be tough to come out for that as well since my job sent me out this time (all expenses paid) to so some server upgrades. Plus the Intl. meet will be right before my wedding and I am sure I will be in full planning mode by then.

But you never know I suppose. Maybe I can accidently "sabatoge" a server around that time to give myself an excuse to come out here again. heheheh Was definitly a great time yesterday... I am glad I stayed till the end.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
DjPiLL said:
But you never know I suppose. Maybe I can accidently "sabatoge" a server around that time to give myself an excuse to come out here again. heheheh Was definitly a great time yesterday... I am glad I stayed till the end.
LOL

New bugs need immedate attention. :scrambles

Congrats on getting married BTW. :)

--Gorm

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
It was cool putting faces to names also. I encourage anyone that is chicken to come out to a meet, especially here to just do it. I'm glad I did :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
frost5466 said:
It was cool putting faces to names also. I encourage anyone that is chicken to come out to a meet, especially here to just do it. I'm glad I did :)

Frost, it is always good to see you. For everyone who has not yet met Frost, he is way cool and stuff.

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
frost5466 said:
agreed

Even if you don't have a lot of mods, or anything, it's a lot of fun to meet everybody and put faces to names. besides, getting away from the computer every so often is healthy :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts