DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as most of you know I lost my M awhile back to the back roads and a series of unfortunate events. And I was missing the LH's bad, so I bought this 2004 police interceptor, the day before Thanksgiving.

It had the center divider still in place, along with the plastic molded seats, column shifter, bucket cloth seats and the rubber flooring. Also had sticker residue ALL over the car.

About a week or so after getting it I got the dreaded p176 code for a bad solenoid pack. I took it to Aamco to have it replaced and to get my 3.89 gear-set installed.

Got it out of the shop, tuned it up, and started modding. Here is what I've done so far....

cleaned up the paint, removing all the residue, and polishing it to a nice shine
installed leather seats from a concorde LXI.
installed center console from an LHS
installed black spyder headlights with H.I.D's( soon to be modded)
wired in a RBN with the 3 band EQ and 4 disc changer.
installed chrome shift knob
installed chrome handles/switches
tinted my taillights
installed 98 style cluster bezel with the "pockets"
installed a like new steering wheel ( but not leather)
installed 300M speedometer needles on the police cluster
custom true cold air intake.

Pictures in order:

All for now, thanks for looking !

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,550 Posts
I can't help being biased, but this is pure eye sechs!
It looks just like my blue ***** minus the scratches inhereted over the last few years.

Eye candy photo ops at the meets & Carlisle!!
:drool: :D

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,550 Posts
Nice transformation dude!

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WOW congrats! I may be in the market for one for my dad within the year or by around this time next year. Where did you find it (local dealer, ebay, craigslist, etc.)? And how much did you pay? I love the pushbar
thanks,
craigslist, but it was also on ebay. it was 3000$ with 103,000 miles at the time of purchase.

·
Registered
786 Posts
That's a steal. All the ones I'm seeing are like $5k and you can tell they've had cheap body work done, etc.... I just want a nice reliable car for my dad that also has a couple upgrades from non interceptor Intrepid's that I can give my dad and "luxury" it up like yours. I'm not sure if you remember my old 98 ES, but it was originally my dad's and now he is leasing a 2010 Altima... But he misses that car, and I want him to not have to pay a car payment..... (Sorry for the novel)

Any problem with it mechanically so far?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts