DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
STBEAR007 works at the Windsor plant, he may be able to help you with that. I'm not familiar with the minnivans but if the unit goes on the BCM like ours and the BCM on the minnivan didn't change between 97 and 2001, then I'm guessing it will work.

·
Registered
182 Posts
This MAY work for the 97 mini but that is NOT the unit from the 2001 and newer units. Well, let me put it this way, those are NOT the FOBS used on the newer (2001) vans. You should beable to open, unlock both side power doors(if optioned) and the power liftgate(if optioned) . Good luck to you.

·
Dain bramaged
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
all my parents want is to unlock/lock their doors *power locks* with em.. i figured gettin a factory set and plugging it in would be the easiest way.. guess i'll keep lookin thou

·
Registered
376 Posts
Wel sorry I haven't been around for a few days...Well the easiest way to tell would be to take the dashpad off (use a fibr stick or something that won't scratch dashpad) by pryunder where the clips are up front then a gentle slide forward if I am not mistaken and see if the wiring is there. you may have a wire taped or tucked down somewhat left (more on drivers side) in center of dash under daspad. if so connect box bring to dealer and as a courtesy the should program the BCM accordingly without any cost using their DRB III box. Now if you can PM me with the year make and model and vin number so I can see if and which wire harness you may have in the van at work Tuesday morning. Later,
STBEAR007

·
Registered
376 Posts
Sorry Rich Benner JR we still use the same Box and key fobs today that are on that ebay site...These are for the basic unlock/lock sentry keyed and non sentry keyed (non power sldg side or rear power liftgate) minivans as of now till when the first round/oval key fobs were used I think late 90's.
STBEAR007

1 - 9 of 9 Posts