DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, We will find out who is on this list of steroid users in less than an hour. I heard that there was a list of players that was released a hour ago and listed: Bonds, Clemens, Pettitte, Sosa, Nomar, Varitek, Bell....and many others.

But the one name that made me happy was ALBERT PUJOLS. What's a shocker to me is that Tony Lurussa was a manager when McGwire was playing(Who was also on the list) and while Albert was playing. Also, he was a manager with the A's when Canseco and McGwire were taking the steroids. Did he know this was going on? IMO, he did.

Tune to any news station at 1pm central time to see who is on that list of players.

NOT OFFICIAL UNTIL 2PM EASTERN TIME.

SOME OF THE PLAYERS LISTED ABOVE ARE NOT ON THE OFFICIAL LIST.

·
Registered
575 Posts
lol, some how i knew........love you passion bro damn so its not just bonds??? This game is full of steriod users damn!! I'll still watch it though, i just love the sport

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, some how i knew........love you passion bro damn so its not just bonds??? This game is full of steriod users damn!! I'll still watch it though, i just love the sport
I don't blame Bonds for taking the Steroids. If he saw Sosa and McGwire taking them and having break out seasons, I would be tempted to use it also. He is just the poster boy because he has the record now.

As a matter of fact, the White Sox players on the list included: Schowenweise, Carl Everett, and George Bell like I mentioned above. All of whom, probably didn't take it while on the Sox. Exception of Carl Everett IMO.

·
Registered
575 Posts
yeah its a shame but hey if everyone was using steroids then it was fair right? lol what a bunch of dumbasses

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah its a shame but hey if everyone was using steroids then it was fair right? lol what a bunch of dumbasses
LOL. I was hoping Frank Thomas wasn't on it.

Off to watch it.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Asterisk all of them now!!!! LOL

·
Banned
15 Posts
Clemens is the biggest name. Seems like from 1998-Present he's been having a trainer inject him. Frank thomas appears to be praised for his help in the investigation.

·
Banned
15 Posts
The list consists mostly of the entire Yankees team of the late 90s (Clemens, Pettitte, Knoblauch, Giambi, Justice), guys we already knew about, and a bunch of bums. The only names that are "new" to me are LoDuca, Tejada (though his name was in Juiced), Gagne, Mo Vaughn, and Kevin Brown.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The list consists mostly of the entire Yankees team of the late 90s (Clemens, Pettitte, Knoblauch, Giambi, Justice), guys we already knew about, and a bunch of bums. The only names that are "new" to me are LoDuca, Tejada (though his name was in Juiced), Gagne, Mo Vaughn, and Kevin Brown.
http://files.mlb.com/mitchrpt.pdf (PDF 409Pg)

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am hearing alot of people saying that this report is nothing but a laugh. Well, that first list that came out at around 11AM central time was far more interesting as far as names go. The second list(George Mitchell report) was basically players who were retired, AA players, and players who were in AAA. This report imo was a waste of time.

Now, MLB.com is reporting that Selig is not going to do anything about this. What a waste of time.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Heck, Sammy Sosa and Mark McGwire weren't on the Mitchell report. Makes me wonder.

·
MU Alum in da House
284 Posts
My man isn't on it nor ever mentioned so I am glad. Although if Griffey were to have taken steroids it would have been to recover from injury. Funny how you hear about the guys that take them but never about the guys that haven't -- Griffey, F. Thomas to name a few. Pujos is not on the list either. Pujos has been rumored to have taken but that died down shortly after.

As far as the commish doing anything, he really can't. There is nothing he can do unless he either admits to or is caught with a positive result. The retired players he can't do anything about either. Selig should just take the advise of Mitchell.

Quick note: How sad is it that it takes a former Senator to bring this into the spotlight? Sure, Bonds and BALCO started it all, but the local and national news is reporting on this right now. We are talking about non-sports news people reporting.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As far as the commish doing anything, he really can't. There is nothing he can do unless he either admits to or is caught with a positive result. The retired players he can't do anything about either. Selig should just take the advise of Mitchell.
I disagree. He can make sure Clemens and Bonds NEVER make it into the Hall Of Fame. If those two ****** ****ers make it into the HOF, "Shoeless" Joe Jackson and Pete Rose should be inducted.

He has alot he can do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts