DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm thinking about getting a 3.5L V6 Intrepid SE (2003) for $3,500

It's got 85,000 miles on it.

Is this a good deal and should I look out for anything when I go see it?

Thanks guys.... :biggrin:

EDIT: Looking around this forum it appears to be the SXT model. Would that be correct? Also: too bad it's gold :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it is an SXT it seems to be a good price but hard to say blindly without knowing condition and options

If it is a SE with a 3.5 find out why they swapped the motor at such low miles
It doesn't have spoiler and such, so I think it's SE.

You seem to imply that the 3.5L isn't an option for SE's...but then why does KELLY BLUE BOOK have SE 3.5L as an option if it wasn't then?

thanks for help...

·
Registered
281 Posts
How come its so cheap?? Just look around a little bit and see whats wrong with it. thats an amazing price though. the one om looking at has 75k on it and the guy wants 6k for it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How come its so cheap?? Just look around a little bit and see whats wrong with it. thats an amazing price though. the one om looking at has 75k on it and the guy wants 6k for it.
Yeah, but for the SXT or R/T??? I don't think this one is the SXT or R/T. It's just a standard SE with the nice engine.

I'll still take it though I think....just thought I'd post about it here to see what to look out for. Going in 20 minutes to see it.

thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well crap you can't really see the front. But thanks for the info about the fog lights.

So there is no SE's that came w/ a 3.5L like kbb.com implies? KBB is also wrong cuz they list SXT as default w/ spoiler+ extras though.

I'll post the pics in my next post...I gotta have 5?
Thanks again

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Yea, all SE's came with a 2.7 as far as I know, Not sure why KBB would list the 3.5 as an option.

Also be sure to check the mileage, The odometer may read 85k but the motor may have more/less miles.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
You sure they listed the motor correctly in the ad? It probably has a 2.7, and if not.....the car may have a lot of mileage on it (a lot more than advertised). I don't trust Craigslist listings AT ALL.

·
Registered
281 Posts
You really dont see any R/T and SXT models anymore, but damn i would love to have an SXT tho. 250 Horse and a nice 3.5 HO engine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
haha yeah u guys were right. I get there and it was the 2.7L engine SE without remote. I was done right ther...want something with decent speed! Oh well....the hunt continues.
thanks again

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wel crap u guys were right. got there and it was the 2.7L without keyless entry..so yeah no thanks. still decent deal, but id prefer something like that listing above.

·
Registered
281 Posts
The 2.7 has 200 horse, that aint that bad. But the R/T will prolly suit you better. ;)

·
Registered
234 Posts
If it is an SXT it seems to be a good price but hard to say blindly without knowing condition and options

If it is a SE with a 3.5 find out why they swapped the motor at such low miles
I purchased my old SE @ 87k with a failed 2.7, the swap I did for the other guy in town had similar mileage as well. A friend of mine who doesnt visit anymore (Redline) had his replaced at 65k.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts