DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2002 with a 2.7 and it has been getting alittle hot. I noticed the coolant resivoir was empty so I filled and it did not happen again until today. Wife said it got hot this morning...the light does not come on. She said it heats up when she is stopped and at an idle and whne she drives it cools off a bit. The other thing I noticed in the middle of the motor in the front there is what apears to be some kind of releif tip and when it got hot last time there was the some dried red coolant around and I could hear it blowing from amybe where there might be a gasket........any ideas would be greatly apprecited!!

Thanks, Marty

·
Registered
238 Posts
The part in the front of the engine is the air bleed valve assembly for the cooling system - very common failure on the 2.7. Its a dealer only part. Don't keep driving it until you get it fixed otherwise you are going to have a much bigger repair bill.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
I have the same problem that just appeared a few days ago. I switched coolant caps before that started to leak. which was the original from 2000 with 109,000 on it. I put the old one back on and the leak was gone. which means that the old cap is letting out some pressure, And the new one was forcing the coolant to leak out of the air bleed valve. I have read alot of threads with this problem. lucky for me mine does not seem that bad. but I have to get it fixed. You said your resivior was empty. I hope the water pump did not give up. Good luck

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Turn on your AC and look at your fans. If they both dont come on, then thats another problem. Theres a connector near the divers side of the radiator that goes to the fans, it could be a little warped from the heat. IF so, then by pass the connector by directly connecting the wires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.