DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I have studs in my snow tires. They're great on ice but not on pavement. When I put thme on I felt like I was driving my cavalier again. I ahve to be careful taking off too. Got pissed at the parents one day last winter and peeled out of the driveway. There is now a row of grooves going the length of it :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Four snows i assume, best idea extra traction front, less rear, carefull in turns or the ass will come around in snowy conditions.

I have gone to 15" on one of my cars ,narrower than the 16's, worked well last year!

They were freebees on rwd rims.

Good snows should come off as soon as spring comes becouse they are soft and will wear out and heat up on hot roads!

Extra "winter" rims save money too!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
x_00trepes_X35 said:
What brand would you go with. Ive always heard goog things about Michellin but im shure thers something a little bit better out there.
We both live in the same town. You don't need snow tires living here in KC. Waste of money. BTW, welcome to the boards.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Snow tires or not, you will still slide on ice. :)

I have been using Dunlop Graspics DS-2 for the last two years and like them very much. I believe you get more snow up there than I here. If I still lived on the west side of the state (lake effect country) I would be looking at the Nokian winter tires. My next set after the Dunlops go bad (they are wearing very nicely though) may very well be a set of Nokian.

·
Registered
851 Posts
dont run snow tire any longer that you have to, to keep the tread on them
new snow tires feel a little squirely to me at 1st given the tread depth and pattern vs all season or especially summer tires, but you get used to their limitations

·
Registered
686 Posts
I had a pair of Blizzaks put on the front of my Mercury Sable that I used for delivering papers. The rear had normal radials. As they were installing the tires, it was snowing like crazy, the perfect time to test them out.
WOW, did they grab! I was all the way through intersections from a red light, whereas the other cars were not even half way though. The front stuck, but the rear of the car liked to swing out. Soon after I purchased the Blizzaks, Firestone made it a rule that you had to purchase the Blizzaks in a set. Not pairs like I did.
However, ice is ice, Blizzaks are a tad better on it, but you'll spin out just as easy if your not carefull.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Warlord187 said:
Snow tires or not, you will still slide on ice. :)

I have been using Dunlop Graspics DS-2 for the last two years and like them very much. I believe you get more snow up there than I here. If I still lived on the west side of the state (lake effect country) I would be looking at the Nokian winter tires. My next set after the Dunlops go bad (they are wearing very nicely though) may very well be a set of Nokian.
I have the dunlop ds2 as well. They are very nice tires.... i agree about the wear but they are very good over many others for the price /tire.

Ive had mine for 1 yr, very happy with them, the only thing i hate about snow tires in general is the noise. Im sure its a snow tire specific thing, but its a pain since Ontario doesnt get a lot of snow, just very cold winters (in the past few years anyways).

Definitely better than the 17 crusaders with michelin rims tho. I just have the black steelies.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
I have studs in my snow tires. They're great on ice but not on pavement. When I put thme on I felt like I was driving my cavalier again. I ahve to be careful taking off too. Got pissed at the parents one day last winter and peeled out of the driveway. There is now a row of grooves going the length of it :biggrin:
Good times HEHE... i did that at my old school one time. Not as bad since studs are illegal in Ontario (unless u live up north) but it left a nice black streak on the ground. Im pretty sure that messed up the tires but it was a lot of fun, didnt know the trep could take it HEHE... In the winter my fronts always slip in the rain. Ive learned to be a little more careful with the throttle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts