DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who don't know. There is a way to get the troubleshooting codes from your onboard computer without a scan tool.

Turn the key foward three times to the on position (Not run position)with in 5 seconds. This will flash the codes on the odometer. Go to www.ALLPAR.com to find out the meaning of the codes.

I did it this morning because my check engine light came on. It simply said the battery was disconnected within the last 50 starts. Which was true because I cleaned the terminals last night. I know from experience the check engine code here will clear in 48 hours.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Can you ever get engine codes without the check engine light being on?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, you need the check engine light on for it to work. Sometimes you can see the older codes that were cleared. But after a certain amount of time those aren't avaliable either.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I've disconnected my battery many times and my check engine light has never come on when I did that. The only thing it does is honk at me when I reconnect it... which, by the way, I hate that. It makes me jump and then, by instinctual reaction, I pull the connector away from the terminal, then it honks at me again when I reconnect it again. :eek: I think I'll get ear plugs the next time I need to do that.

·
Registered
328 Posts
So,f you have no codes, does it display anything in the odometer? Like a completion code?

Reason I ask is it does nothing for me doing the on -off thing as you describe.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the check engine light is not on then there might be no codes to display. Then nothing would happen on preforming the test.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts