DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys get under our cars? I try jackign it up but my intrepid is too adn the jackstands hardly fit under. I used ramps before bit if you know any other way besides please let me know.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I have adjustable jack stands and place them usually near the a-frame in the front, and at the back thier are spots to put them under the back door...

Si

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
A good trick is to lift the car up with your floor jack high enough to get the ramps under the tire. Jack stands are great but sometimes get in your way when you are doing engine or exhaust work.

ALWAYS remember to block your rear tires before lifting up your car, do NOT trust your parking brake to hold the car

·
Registered
65 Posts
I use adjustable 3 ton jack stands (20 bucks at WalMart). Also NEVER jack your car up in gravel only stupid people like me try that. Luckily the jack fell over before I got under. And yes stuff behind the back wheels helps.

-BobVila

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
yeah, I am going to lift the car up this week, I have ramps but the car is too low for them, so I am going to use some wood to drive the car on first then the ramps. and next off I have no parking brake on the car, so bricks will have to do it for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts