DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the Trep. Looks so sad with those headlights doesn't it.

I feel sorry for this engine!! Rust and oil everywhere. But I dont have an oil leak. Thats good I guess. :dunno:

what ever this is, its completely rusted.

and this right here is too...

More pics coming soon!!

Basically, I know I have alot of work to do Here and I'll be sure to post updates as I finish projects. I'll Probably try to get rid of that oil first off. Then I'm thinking I should change some of the hoses. I dont really know anything about cars so This is going to be a huge learning experience for me!

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Anyone Norice his ABS? or is 93 Abs different, I see no motor......But there alot of difference, even the heat shields are different than mine and I have a 3.3 too. Huh.

But Mien looked bad to whne i got her, time, soap and a wash cloth...

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
I was noticeing the heat shelds look different than mine do. I think his is a '96 or '97 cause it has the intake temp sensor in the side of the plemum. Loos like a good platform to start a resto. on.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
you guys with your silly 3.3's, when will you learn, 3.5 is where its at.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Matt86 said:
Timing belts suck

:wink:
lol, i feel the same way about timing chains.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
First you put al that work into the undercarrige, then you're posting pics in a sig thread......

Yup, it's official.

You're hooked!

Welcome to the insanity!
:frenzy:

Cheers

BJ

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gazetowardthesky said:
Im guessing all the leaves jammed under the hood work as insulation and add at least 5 HP.
Yup, not only are leaves good insulation, but they also add anywhere from 8-10 hp. and when I run out of gas, I can also use the for fuel... Seariously, Those came with the car as a package deal. the car was sitting without a cowl for a few months I think.

Veeb0rg said:
dude.. your missing bolts on your exhaust manifolds..
What? where are those?

·
get off my lawn
15,505 Posts
I always liked the 3.3 simple to work on,, not much trouble,,change a egr valve on a 3.5 lately?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
DrDodge said:
I always liked the 3.3 simple to work on,, not much trouble,,change a egr valve on a 3.5 lately?
in fact i just did, and what a PITA it was.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh I see the bolts you're talking about. One is missing and one is half out. Now, the real question is why someine would have removed them. Oh well though. They dont look too important. I'll grab some more next time I go to the junkyard. Gotta make a run for some headlights, There only $25 each. If I go on monday, I can get 2 for $25 though! :) Right now I'm trying to see what hoses I should replace though.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Ghettobreeze said:
Oh I see the bolts you're talking about. One is missing and one is half out. Now, the real question is why someine would have removed them. Oh well though. They dont look too important. I'll grab some more next time I go to the junkyard. Gotta make a run for some headlights, There only $25 each. If I go on monday, I can get 2 for $25 though! :) Right now I'm trying to see what hoses I should replace though.
I think you should worry about that corner lens unstead. Unless you would like to be pulled over and get a ticket.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Someone was supposed to be forgetting them for me today. I just hope he doesnt forget!

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Far as Hoes go, The PCV system is highly important. I suggest New hoess on it along with new PCV Valve. In Fact, I also suggest just take your throttle body off and clean it. That does wonders and it only cost you the stuff u need to clean ti with.

Exhaust Bolt are kinda important, if you have an exhaust leak that can screw your computer up and make it hotter than what it already is under neath the hood. Which these cars are bad about under hood temps. In fact anyone got ideas on that, cause a hood scoop to me just looks wrong...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts