1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
510 Posts
I'll start worrying when I see a system like these on the side of the rode and functioning. The UF team sounds like they are as far developing the system as I am as far on my Intrepid's mods. They know what they want to do, they might even know how to do some of it, they just haven't done it yet.

And in order to do it there is a huge gap between first success and fine tuning the system to tell the difference between a car and just about any other moving object in the camara's view.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Not just that but the purchasing of these systems I'm will be outrageous. Good luck on them trying to fit several of these into the budget

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
license plate covers. reflective spray additive. if they can't read the plate, they can't determine where to send the ticket.

·
Registered
605 Posts
LOUD98ES said:
license plate covers. reflective spray additive. if they can't read the plate, they can't determine where to send the ticket.
But that's what the squads are for--writing tickets for the plate.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
LHSDriver01 said:
i'm still waiting for them to use electronic toll collection systems against us.

They already do in some states...using it in just the way you would imagine...if your time between two tolls is too quick they know your average speed and mail you a speeding ticket.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Warlord187 said:
Well, I guess I need to increase the pace of my project...Trep cloaking device. What the camera can't see....

:D
That will go great with my hoover trep convserion. The prototype was in one of those pictures way back when photoshoping was cool. :)

--Gorm

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Gundy said:
But that's what the squads are for--writing tickets for the plate.

So they pay all this money to have a machine do the work of a cop, but then pay a cop to stand there and write the ticket anyways. Yup, they're smart.

·
Registered
589 Posts
uh... they already have that sorta stuff on the Autobahn dont they?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Warlord187 said:
Well, I guess I need to increase the pace of my project...Trep cloaking device. What the camera can't see....

:D

Im in on the group buy as well ;)

damn technology anyways. One of the problems i see arrsing is other traffic. on a multi lane road, how is the computer to determine which is which. you would think the sytem would confuse itself.i am sure they will address this problem, but i dont see this system being fully functional and acurate for at least 2 years or more.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts