DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day my sister and I were driving around in her 99 ES when we were caught in a stand-still from a car accident. Once we got through, we noticed an undercover Intrepid police interceptor in the intersection. It had SE Alloy wheels, but an ES bumper w/ fogs. Wasn't able to get a pic as we were passing it when we noticed, but I'm glad to see they're still in the police force (even if undercover :-S).

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,874 Posts
Hope they're not actually going to chase someone with it. lol

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
My trep was used a few months ago by the Police Department and they still have an undercover one that looks like the one in my sig picture that they still use.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Someone from AZ!!! We have a silver police Trep here in Prescott. He got called specifically to pull me over once for speeding cause we had the same car and they all thought it was funny. True story.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Someone from AZ!!! We have a silver police Trep here in Prescott. He got called specifically to pull me over once for speeding cause we had the same car and they all thought it was funny. True story.
and did ya stil get the ticket or did they let ya go for good tastes?! LOL

·
Registered
17 Posts
Scottsdale still has three or four unmarked units. Paradise Valley has a couple of B/Ws. Glendale has one that is used by the officer that serves court papers etc. The Dept of Public safety has a couple on the road. They just sold a marked and an umarked at auction, neither were package cars. All are in Arizona.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I have seen only one, but I have a feeling it is retired as it has been sitting at a dealership for MONTHS now, doesn't appear to be damaged or anything, actually looks well kept, then again, the dealership hasn't been open for some time even though they have some really nice cars there....

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was actually in Prescott Valley just after Harkins Theatres. It was a graphite gray. =)

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,874 Posts

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Our local PD ordered a 10 Intrepids after Chrysler had loaned them the demo car for a week. What they ended up doing was taking the demo car out to the local 1/2 mile oval and ran it around the track, doing various testing on it. They liked it, so they ordered 10.

Not even a year after they received them, they were quickly being replaced with Impalas. Too many brake issues, trans issues, and other items. IIRC the "undercover" car was traded with less than 5K on it, they hated them that badly.

Hopefully they'll pick up some Chargers, but for now, they have all Impalas, no CV's anymore either..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts