DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what kind of glass cleaner you all use for the interior?
Especially the windshield. I used to use Windex, but that mysterious haze just got shmeered around. Then I switched to Eagle 20/20. But the haze returned shortly thereafter. I used Coastal Power Clean Glass Cleaner. Worked wonderful, but I'm almost out and I can't find anyone that sells the stuff.
I heard that using a mix of vinegar and water works well.

What do you use?
Opinions?

·
Registered
699 Posts
3M Autoglass cleaner aero, I get it for free it works great with a microfiber cloth

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm, I think I'll try the Stoners Invisible Glass cuz it's winning the suggestion box.
I'm also noticing that the mircofiber towel is key too.
Where do I find said products?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Neat!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, I've been looking where I should get the microfiber towel from.
Here is what I'm looking at on ebay.
I've noticed that there are waffle weave type, bath towel type, and some that look similar to shop towels. Just wondering if I need to have all the different sorts ie: glass, drying, polishing. Or will one type of towel do all chores.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Go to Walmart. They have the ones for polishing, and the ones for glass. The glass one is silky, and smooth, like for gleaning a pair of glasses. The rougher ones that look like terry cloth are great for polishing the car paint. I use one to wipe off tech wax after it hazes.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I've found typically that the waffle weave pattern glass towels work really well at pulling all that baked on **** off, and that they leave an excellent shine to the window. The uber soft towels I've sometimes used as the final touch up towel on the paint on darker colors, to prevent any possibility of marring or stuff.

The other thing I use on glass? Newspaper, this **** is amazing on windows, typically on the inside glass of a smokers car I first use paper towel since it takes a few passes, then I go over with newspaper, and the same applies for windshields or other windows that are really bad- Sometimes i use razor blades on windshields if they have stuck on bugs.

Oh and I use stoners invisible glass.. I'm actually starting to like the normal hand sprayer better then the aerosol can. The stuff in aerosol form is just as cheap to buy per can, as our glass cleaner at the dealership was, per can and that stuff sucked bad.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts