DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a loooooong trip heading home this weekend... and I was speeding a bit. Not excessively, just around 75. I passed this white SE 2nd gen trep w/army stickers on the back of it and certified army license plates.. He sees me being courteous, using my signal.. giving people room.. stuff like that. Then he pulls up to pass me... pulls right next to me.. pauses for a second, and then shoots forward.

I go ahead and follow him, and we end up high-tailing it for most of my journey. He even paused a bit after he passed a cute girl so I could get a look for myself lol. We got to a part where he was going to turn off, so he slowed back down to my original speed, gave me a little salute, I gave him a little salute, and we parted ways.

That's what I like to see.. treps helping treps :)

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Yeah back in '99, when I was younger and stupider, I had the same type of incident in my Turbo Eclipse. I was on a wide open highway out in the middle of nowhere (I really do mean out in the middle of nowhere, not just the suburbs) and this brand new 3rd Gen Eclipse came from out of nowhere behind me and passed me up at like 100+ mph. I nailed it and quickly caught up and we cruised down the highway for about 75 miles at speeds in excess of 90+ mph the whole time. We kept going from 90 to 120 then back down to 90 then up to 120. I let him stay way in front in case there were troopers around.

Like your experience, they guy was real cool and when he pulled off the highway onto the exit ramp, he gave me a salute and I returned the gesture. Then it was back down to 5 mph over the speed limit for me.

I don't suggest anyone try this but damn it sure was fun hearing that turbo hisssssss. I miss it dearly.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol.. we didnt' get anywhere NEAR thigh high speed.. lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts