DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just what I need...

Some butthole backed right into my car as I was walking towards it. I just left Best Buy in Maple Grove, was walking to the car (I was 5 feet from the trunk) and some moron in a green Ford Ranger rams right into the car! He stops, looks, and drives off! I yelled, he paused again and kept on going.

Anyway, I called the police, and they came out and took a report. Hopefully they catch the asshole, I want some insurance money. :mad: The guy buckled my grill and broke the bracket that holds the drivers side headlamp. Not to mention the bumper is scratched to hell and the passenger door now sticks.

Arrrgggggggghhhhh!!! I hate stupid people.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by LHSer:

Arrrgggggggghhhhh!!! I hate stupid people.
You and me both my friend. You and me both.

That guy in the Ranger is going to be in some serious ****. Hit and run.

Do they have to catch the guy in order to get insurance money? I don't know how that works in Minnesota.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Poor you.... damn that sux!!

Hope that guy gets whats comin' to him!

Keep your chin up dude...

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I am going to presume u were close enuff to him to get his tag #

·
Registered
530 Posts
wouldn't it be nice if you had an alarm that had a motion sensor that set of a web cam in your car that would capture the moment of intrusion for posterity.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
One thing you can be thankful for is that you were there to witness it and werent in the store when it happend. Then you would have really gotten the shaft....but that does suck...you have my sympathies

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
LHSer - I was in BC a coupla days ago. Sorry about yer ride. When a guy creamed me on White Bear Ave. and drove off I was so pissed/shocked, I forgot to get the plate number. :(

Warlord - I checked, and he could do jail time for "leaving the scene of an accident" :p

[ December 07, 2001: Message edited by: RapidTransit ]

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Originally posted by Wutang15m:
Like nelson would say from the simpson's: HA HA
???You aren't happy that he got hit are you???
:confused:

Sorry about your car LHSer, it is a beaut'...get 'er fixed up, then find that guy and run him into a bridge abutment or something. :)

[ December 07, 2001: Message edited by: Intrepidatious ]

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bah, Wutang is just an asshole, pay him no mind.

Well, it looks like insurance is my only recourse. The police phoned and said they found the guy. He claims he didn't do it, and there isn't any physical evidence on his vehicle. There isn't even evidence that he tried to cover something up.

Something tells me that I am going to get the shaft and have to fix the car myself.

There goes Christmas.

·
Registered
427 Posts
If you got the plate number, I could have a friend of mine run it on Monday. Things like name and address etc. may help you "feel better" if you know what I mean ;) Sorry about your car man. Why can't people take responsibility for their actions?

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the support guys. As things go, this wasn't so bad.

I went out, took a closer look and all that was wrong was misalignment. I realigned everything, and it is actually better than new!

I might still like his name and address though. :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts