DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Group,
I am headed to the track for the last time this year tomorrow.
I am hoping for a sub 15-second run.
I am seeing a 14.97x....
Wish me luck!!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I'm curious, what mods do you have in this thing? I hate being on ClubGP, where everyone's goal is 12's and the only aftermarket for my engine is simply expensive heads, cams, and turbo kits lol.

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm curious, what mods do you have in this thing? I hate being on ClubGP, where everyone's goal is 12's and the only aftermarket for my engine is simply expensive heads, cams, and turbo kits lol.
My current list of performance mods:
-K&N FIPK (with Cadillac Northstar intake elbow)
-70mm TB
-Polished Lower Intake Manifold
-160* Thermostat
-Custom "True" Dual Exhaust

I have done my normal track prep...
It is only supposed to get up to 53* today
When I ran the 15.176, it was in the lower 60's
We'll see what happens!!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Can you port the LIM? I've never seen it on the Chrysler motors, but that's a popular mod on GP's. Also, you should try going for an underdrive pulley (like what Bobby "SilverSpecial" has), and taking out the spare, the entire backseat, and the passenger seat.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Can you port the LIM? I've never seen it on the Chrysler motors, but that's a popular mod on GP's. Also, you should try going for an underdrive pulley (like what Bobby "SilverSpecial" has), and taking out the spare, the entire backseat, and the passenger seat.

he has an underdrive pulley, and the spare, backseat and passenger seat are all deleted on his 'race trim' that he races in :eek:bsessed: he goes fast!

he had a machine shop port his LIM out to the gaskets and then he had polished everything with metal polish, it has a mirror finish :grinpimp:

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Then turbo that mfer! haha

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[email protected] 90.89

All the runs today beat the former best....
But we fell short.
The barometric pressure was in the 29.8X range all day
Low pressure not good for performance.
Everything else was on the money though....

There's always February...last weekend in February is when they open.
Hopefully by then, the new heads will be on the car.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Hmmm...
add .7 and that's what I ran with me(280lbs) driving, car in stock form with everything in it, and a dirty stock air filter.
I know we're not 10 second cars, but I was anticipating better results with your expertise and systematic approach.

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hmmm...
add .7 and that's what I ran with me(280lbs) driving, car in stock form with everything in it, and a dirty stock air filter.
I know we're not 10 second cars, but I was anticipating better results with your expertise and systematic approach.
The barometric pressure was much lower than anticipated. Everything else, including traction was pretty good. That single fact is enough to account for the difference.

Still, the fact the car ran an .07 is pretty impressive since I haven't owned the car a whole year yet, and it picked up that much time, and we haven't spent $1000 yet.

·
Registered
224 Posts
screw turbos, get that stage 2 intercooler for the blower and ported housing mmm :flipoff:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts