DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Good 6 1/2" component speakers...

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Lafrad 
#1 ·
Looking for a good pair of 6 1/2" speakers to replace the blown stock door speakers. Looking to keep it near the $100 range.. with $150 after shipping the MOST I will spend. Anyone have any good advice?

Also, they need to be 50W RMS, 100W peak, as my amp is that powerful.

#2 ·
woah.. didn't even realize there was a Car audio section!?!?! :p
Sorry about that guys

#5 ·
heh.. Intrepid99.. I bought my freon for my A/C down by you this summer..... I just realized why your city name looks familiar.

#13 ·
The best bang for the buck I have found are Polk DX series, The new Infinity CMMD Kappa (not the old green kappas, they smelled).

If you want to spend a little more something like JL XR series, MB Quartz Discus or Refrence series.

And like before if you really have no budget something like Focal's Utopia series or polyflex or polyglass series.

If you need prices let me know.

Brad

#16 ·
Originally posted by Thebulgd:

DEbadged "child safety" stickerz from rear windowz
one Michelin Pilot XGT Z4 245/45/ZR17 tire
20hp K&N air system

what do you have for your other 3 tires Bulgd?

#17 ·
If you want cheaper (in price not quality ) i would suggest buying Audiobahn 6.5" components, i have the 5.25" version of the system and they bump, i have them hooked up to my kenwood 600 watt amp, they are 120watts RMS so they blow out the requiremtn you wanted of 50;) I believe they are about 90 total on ebay, check em out i guarantee u will be satisfied

#18 ·
ok.. another question. How much work is it to install a 6.5" into the door of a 1st gen. is it an exact fit? or do I have to fidget with adapters or anything?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.