DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out on RT 28 South yesterday and I pull up in the right lane and sitting there already at the light is a Neon with a 3 tiered spoiler, dual fart pipes, lowered, rims, tinted window, big tires with a blue paint job and silver stripes. The light changes and he attempts to move forward quickly. All I heard was PHHHHHHHT. This caught me by surprise so by the time the middle of his car was at my front tires, I remembered to hit the gas. Just as he made his shift to second I blew past him in the middle of the intersection and kept going to about 100. I think this guy should have spent the money on the motor (NEONS can be quick) instead of all the stupid no-go showboat toys.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Good kill on the rice. I agree, some Neons are VERY quick. I know of a kid who drives a Neon Venom R/T around here and its like all Venom parts in it. Great sounding exhaust on it too. That biatch is a FAST little car. He tears the Honda's new assholes all the time. :D

[ January 01, 2002: Message edited by: Starscream ]

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Yes good kill. I hate those stupid ass ugly all show no go ricer neons. those have to be one of the shittiest looking riced out vehicles. there are like 5 of them in this town and i have beaten all of them, and thats sad considering the motor i have.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
from what i hear if you have the money you can make a neon run a 12 or 13 second 1/4 with bolt-on aftermarket parts - no custom work required.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Originally posted by 97 sport platinum:
from what i hear if you have the money you can make a neon run a 12 or 13 second 1/4 with bolt-on aftermarket parts - no custom work required.
yep, throw a turbo on there, just do some minor mods to make it compatible to handle the power and you got one ****in fast ride.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
see, that's what puzzles me- why spend that money on nothing that enhances performance instead of being a sleeper of a 12-13 second car. My friends Mustang runs 11's and it looks absolutely stock from the outside and the exhaust note doesn't give it away.

·
Registered
415 Posts
One of my current co-workers says that the Neons are the cheapest of all cars to mod. I was surprised that they are cheaper to mod than the civics too. I'd rather mod out a Neon ACR or R/T anyday than a civic EX.

·
Registered
86 Posts
i hate the friggin all show no go neons they give Mopar a bad name Neons can run 9's if there done right i've see a neon all done up smoke the pi$$ outa a viper if anyone wants the vid let me know i can send it too you. now thats a Fast neon :)

[ January 02, 2002: Message edited by: WildChild ]

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Neon is freakin fast.My girlfriend's Mom has one and I had a chance to drive it once - it was really neat. The thing I like most about the Neon is that you can really play around with the interior. Its got plenty of room for speakers in the rear and the front panels - not to mention the fact that it can kick some serious ass if you know how to drive it right.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The one's I've driven are fun to throw into around- talk about being able to toss it.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Ive only driven 1 neon. It was my ex g/f's '98 4 door with an automatic. It was pathetic....im sure a 5 speed R/T would be alot more fun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts