DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://houston.craigslist.org/car/150123029.html

Blue book on these, is over 3k, (especially here, where cars are consistantly overpriced) Its not a bad looking car, and its basically the same as my 95, except the color. Mine is champagne gold, with tinted windows.

I'd be half tempted to buy it, if I had the money right now, as I really love mine, but hate the transmission. (its still whining, gonna have it flushed at the dealer this weekend and see if that helps) I'm still pretty sure I'm gonna end up having it rebuilt.

On that subject......good deal or not....

1400 + tax to rebuild my tranny? I've gotten several recommendations on this shop, and they've given me a quote thats 300 lower than my cheapest quote so far. (the dealership wants 2600!!!) Screw them! :flipa:

What would happen, is I'd have it rebuilt, then take it to the dealer for a pan drop/flush. (So I'm CERTAIN its got the right fluid in it.) I've been told that these guys do very good work though, so maybe they have the stuff already.........who knows. Anyway, good deal? or not?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I dont know that sounds like a high price for a car with so many miles. But I guess you would have to take a closer look. As for the tranny I think Ive seen on here that its not a good idea to rebuild these trannys. Its better to go new or to put a 2nd gen in it. Good luck

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not from what I"ve heard

I'd heard that if you have them rebuilt, they use the "better" parts, and they come out just fine. (I'm hoping anyway.) Maybe I won't need it, maybe the flush and filter will change the way things sound right now. (I'm REALLY hoping thats the issue) If not, I am going to go ahead and have it rebuilt....and pray for the best. I really don't have the time or space to do a gen 2 swap, and I don't trust myself to do it.

Thanks for the input though. I'm not gonna buy it, but I was wondering. KBB (I know, I know) says they're worth about 3900 in good shape here. I'm still WELL under that even if I have the thing replaced with a remanufactured one. (I only payed 1k for mine) I really want to keep it, its a gorgeous car, and fun to drive too.

I'll go cheapest first, and if that doesn't solve the problem, I'll go more expensive untill I get the problem solved.

D.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts