DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just made the trip from home (Forest City, NC) to Nashville, TN, in the R/T. I was pleasantly surprised with the MPG. The first tank-full (which was all interstate driving) netted 30.3 MPG. THe second tank (150+ miles interstate driving...the rest city) netted 26.7 MPG.

ALso, this is the first long-distance (200+ mile) trip I've made with the Trep. I was really pleased with the comfort, smooth ride, handling and everything. It was even comfortable when I took that 45-minute nap at the Rest Area. :sleeping:


Now I must hook up with the smoke-free DrDodge and his wife while I'm here.
 

·
get off my lawn
Joined
·
15,507 Posts
yea Dave its a nice ride from your place,, i averaged 33 MPG when i took the ride,,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,960 Posts
Screw you :p My R/T is not good at all on gas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Avenger said:
Screw you :p My R/T is not good at all on gas.

LOL!!

I was very surprised. Especially since I have a tendency to "lead-foot" it. Plus some of the drive was of the "up and down the mountains" type.

Normally I get around 23-24 MPG with mostly in-town driving.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,461 Posts
PeacefulDave said:
I just made the trip from home (Forest City, NC) to Nashville, TN, in the R/T. I was pleasantly surprised with the MPG. The first tank-full (which was all interstate driving) netted 30.3 MPG. THe second tank (150+ miles interstate driving...the rest city) netted 26.7 MPG.

ALso, this is the first long-distance (200+ mile) trip I've made with the Trep. I was really pleased with the comfort, smooth ride, handling and everything. It was even comfortable when I took that 45-minute nap at the Rest Area. :sleeping:
200+ miles and you had to take a nap?

Iv'e driven from Nova Scotia-Knoxville Tenn (2 drivers) straight through with no stopping for a nap.

Is the trep that comfe it put you to sleep?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,359 Posts
PeacefulDave said:
LOL!!

I was very surprised. Especially since I have a tendency to "lead-foot" it. Plus some of the drive was of the "up and down the mountains" type.

Normally I get around 23-24 MPG with mostly in-town driving.
Now put some bling bling 20" - 22" rims on and you'll know what Rob (Avenger) is talking about, :D

Hey Rob, if you do a full brake torque start, you think you just might be able to chirp those bad boys in the snow? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,041 Posts
LoL !! You back east guy's should move out here to the southwest. 200+ mile drives are no big thing. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gn300 said:
200+ miles and you had to take a nap?

Iv'e driven from Nova Scotia-Knoxville Tenn (2 drivers) straight through with no stopping for a nap.

Is the trep that comfe it put you to sleep?

It was actually about 350 miles. But I've driven more than twice that (755 miles)without a nap before. THe main reason for the nap was the fact that I began the trip after already being awake for 20+ hours. WHen I stopped for the nap I had been awake for just over 24 straight hours.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,359 Posts
Strongt said:
LoL !! You back east guy's should move out here to the southwest. 200+ mile drives are no big thing. :)
Atleast the highways down there resemble more of a salt flat. Try driving continuous in the BC rockies, during snow season! Now that's tiring, more like a super long rally than a highway cruise.

I have to commute 300 miles (100 Mile House to Vancouver) every Friday afternoon, through that, after an 8 hour work day.

But hey, we've got to stop this bragging, it's quickly turning into another E-penis type of discussion, lol :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,707 Posts
Every Tuesday I have a 700 mile drive, from here to Metro Miami, then up the coast to Vero Beach and back to Clearwater. I used to do Tampa - Atlanta- Mobile - Tampa twice a week, which was about 2500 miles total for the week. All the above I did straight through, then straight back. Long drives don't bother me at all.
 

·
get off my lawn
Joined
·
15,507 Posts
The country side comming out of NC into TN is breath taking,, and maybe more so now with fall upon us,, so i could see having to take a nap,, besides Treps are Damn good road cars
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,184 Posts
linuxglobal said:
LOL my sxt is pretty bad too.. I get max 350-400km per tank.
Wow! That doesnt sound up to par :dunno:
I get well over 540kms per tank before I fill up.
Best MPG I've gotten was when I took my trip to MI, averaged 31mpg the way there, and 30 the way back :p :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,960 Posts
linuxglobal said:
LOL my sxt is pretty bad too.. I get max 350-400km per tank.
Same here..........350 or 400km when it says 0km to empty on the evic. Mostly city driving, and I take it really easy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,184 Posts
Avenger said:
Same here..........350 or 400km when it says 0km to empty on the evic. Mostly city driving, and I take it really easy.
At least you have the option of putting around in a car designed around fuel efficiency :p

How is the Civic anyhow?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,960 Posts
7.0L / 100km with 80% city driving
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,177 Posts
Avenger said:
7.0L / 100km with 80% city driving
7L/100km's is killer mileage Rob.
Especially with city driving included.

Anyways, it seems like R/T's get similar mileage to LHS's too.
We get terrible mileage in the city. Even combined rarely breaks 500km / tank.

Nothing beats a good Full to empty in one trip. Last year a trip from Ont to Florida, driving at 130km/hr. We broke 600 km a few times and that was not going too deep into E territory.
30mpg was easy with non stop highway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
Avenger said:
Same here..........350 or 400km when it says 0km to empty on the evic. Mostly city driving, and I take it really easy.
And how many liters to fill up when you've driven 400 km ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
Avenger said:
7.0L / 100km with 80% city driving
That's 33.7 mpg ! With 80% city driving ? Impossible in one of these machines. That's just a tad more than my 2.7 would get on a steady highway trip.

Your Evic has gotta be "off". I never trusted those things
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top