DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
People who know people....what else is life about. I've had a friend that works at a dealership for a while now...anywho, I just ask and i can get anything I want and i can test drive it. I usually drive a couple different cars a month...300M's, concordes, but I've had an itch lately soooooo. Yesturday it was the chrysler crossfire, with a sticker price of near $40,000 a punk kid like me wouldnt even be allowed to sit in one of these at the lot.....but i got it to 110!!! :bigsmile: . A quick lunch hour drive on one of the local backroads and that beast hauls ASS! Overall opinion----super fast, super small. No pictures of that but today (about 20 minutes ago) I got to roll the new 2004 Durango Hemi 5.6L(<<<maybe 5.7 I dont remember)

only had 14 miles on it...nice gauges too

The trep and the rango....

Pretty cool tails....

I dont "DO" pictures of myself but here how tall i am compared to the Durango...I could barely squeeze into that crossfire

Pretty normal as for the speed and get up and go, not to impressive for a hemi, still though theres lots....and i mean LOTS of room inside. I personally dont dig the look, it's a SUV nothing to special. I'd drive it if someone bought it for me. Overall opinion---My need for speed can't be quenched by cubic feet:devil: :devil:

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's fun...a break from my day atleast, nothing any of you couldnt do except i doubt the dealer will bring it to your door and say hop in. My brother was a lot porter at chevy, got to drive vettes and hummers all day. I only started this thread because i had pictures.....and DI members love there pictures.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Visibilty and space were very poor in that crossfire...im 6'5 myself and had my knees wrapped around the steering wheel, it was fun to drive but no way could i own one. I knew I needed a picture of those gauges, also the center controls area has a stock woodgrain look.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I sat in that same Crossfire that JoeKD is talking about. I'm 6 foot 2 and I could NEVER have that car. All my height is in my torso. My pant length is a 30, so when I'm sitting down, it looks like I should be like 6 foot 8! I couldn't sit up straight in that crossfire. Sweet looking ride, but way too small for me.

Hey JoeKD, what did you think of that sweet Comp G that other co worker let you test drive? ;)

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah...just a couple inches taller, that skull over my face is covering a ridicoulous smile i had, do to my camera mans antics. Next Tuesday the lot is getting an '04 300M, I'll make sure to get lots of pictures of that.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Being 6'3 myself, I couldnt picture myself in a Crossfire either.

I used to be a lot jockey/everything else guy at a ford dealership for like a year and a half. I literally drove everything 50 times.,

Had a customer pull up with a Miata that wanted an external wash and internal vacuum.

Lookd like henry and the hendersons with the bump in the soft top. :p

Great pics. :D

·
Registered
605 Posts
You're friend let you test drive the car at 110mph! :eek: What if you crashed it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts