DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I have a 2001 Dodge Intrepid SE with Goodyear Regatta 2 tires on them and am having problems. I put them on 3 1/2 yrs ago when I had 70,000 miles on my car and now it has 108,000 miles and my car shakes. Some days it is barely noticeable but then other days the car shake terribly! These are 75,000 mile tires with only 38,000 miles on them. It has been doing this for over a year now. I have had it back to the Goodyear tire dealer twice - the first time they said that the pressure in one of the tires was wrong and six months ago I noticed that the front right tire wasn't wearing correctly so I had the front end aligned and the tires rotated but again they said there wasn't anything wrong with the tires. I just got back from another tire dealership here and he said the tread on 3 out of the 4 tires were separating and need to be replaced. At this point I don't know what to do! I have no faith in the local Goodyear dealership anymore. And I think that this other place just wants to sell a new set of tires. The nearest Goodyear dealer out of town is about 150 miles from here. I am open to suggestions - what should I do??? Help!!

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Sounds like they are about shot. Just because they are "75k tires" miles does not mean you should expect to get that many out of them. If they are shot they then are shot, end of story.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Having issues with my comfortreads. Pulling left and right and some vibes.
i used to have triple treads back when i had momentums on my car (similar to your tire). they seemed to need to be balanced a little more than usual. why i dont know. luckily i do all that myself. whens the last time you alighned it?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I've got Eagle GTII's on the back of mine and I get some annoying highway hum at 70 to 75 mph. It was so bad i though it was wheel bearings but they are good, so it has to be the tires.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts

·
Registered
6,638 Posts

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Having issues with my comfortreads. Pulling left and right and some vibes.
Intresting,
I have the comfortreds on my Momentums and absolutely love them, They seem to be smooth and quiet and they are wearing very well. I have only had them balanced during installation and I do rotate them every 5 to 6 k

·
Registered
337 Posts
3 1/2 plus some shelf life = you are running on 4 year old 40k miles tire = you don't have a clue what you exposing yourself..and others, the car we know is acting up for a year now...what you waiting?

Go push the prorate if you feel is your right but get a new set before is too late for the Innocent bystanders.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
3 1/2 plus some shelf life = you are running on 4 year old 40k miles tire = you don't have a clue what you exposing yourself..and others, the car we know is acting up for a year now...what you waiting?

Go push the prorate if you feel is your right but get a new set before is too late for the Innocent bystanders.
very unlikely that theyd pro-rate those tires. there most likely to old and to worn

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
if there wearing evenly, but thin,, they have to prorate them,, 38k out of a set of 75k tires,, thats really crappy life
yes perhaps so. but i think its safe to say that you and i both could agree that you normally dont get all the life out of the tires that the company claims

·
Woober Goobers!
49,891 Posts
Triple-Treads worked great for me for the 20k I had them before the car got totaled in a Hit-N-Run! No re-balancing or other tricky stuff.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I had the front-end shakes with a set of Kelly Navigators. Brought 'em back to the place I got the tire, and they said that my wheel was bent.

Brought it to another place and they told me that Kellys suck, and that the belt likes to work itself loose insde the tire, so essentially the tire was football shaped. They sold me some old beater tires, and I've been sittin' pretty ever since.

Bring the tires to another dealer and see what they say...It may be just like mine, where the belt and/or sidewall came loose inside the tire.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Brought it to another place and they told me that Kellys suck
ehh some of them are pretty good from what i understand. when it comes to tires, the more you pay the better tire you get, that simple....... thats the way i always thought about it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts