DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I read in the paper today that Jeff Gordon got fined 10,000 $ and is on probation. Not sure how long his probation is but I didn't think they'd do too much to him.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I think the punishment fits the crime, that was uncalled for.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
anybody else notice that he didnt take his helmet off?

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you are a true NASCAR fan; you would know that it takes a few minutes to take the helmet off due to the HANS device hooked to the helmet. If you are as upset about a schitty move like what Kenseth put on him; realistically you are going to say "**** this damn thing" and go for it. A Puss would take the time to take off your gear. Its no different than football...If you are in a brawl your coach tells you to keep your gear on; because if you take the time to take off your gear; you arent ready to fight!

·
Registered
467 Posts
and if you are a man, you take your helmet off because if you're gonna get hit, you aren't afraid of your pretty face getting messed up.

Kenseth's move was aggressive driving as far as I'm concerned, Stewart has done way worse. Gordon has also in his career. Jeff should suck it up and take it as two guys going for the same prize and fighting for it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
95PGTTech said:
and if you are a man, you take your helmet off because if you're gonna get hit, you aren't afraid of your pretty face getting messed up.

Kenseth's move was aggressive driving as far as I'm concerned, Stewart has done way worse. Gordon has also in his career. Jeff should suck it up and take it as two guys going for the same prize and fighting for it.
Ok, so before you brawl; you are gonna say "wait a few, so I can take my gear off"? Nah, you are gonna start swinging, and use what you have to give you the edge to kick ass! YOU ARE SO FULL OF **IT!

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Wow $10,000 bucks. To some one that makes $8.5 million year on movie ad's alone. Like giving a me a 10 dollar fine.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
LOL

That was the most thing i've seen in a while. I didn't know they had such large helmets, when they showed it on TV, he reminded me of Dark Helmet. :D

--Gorm

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
SPOOK R/T said:
Wow $10,000 bucks. To some one that makes $8.5 million year on movie ad's alone. Like giving a me a 10 dollar fine.

It's also a tax write-off. More like a $5.00 fine.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm a huge Gordon fan but this is funny. (taken from NASCAR Power Rankings at Nascar.com)

"A lot of you guys have already emailed and ridiculed Jeff Gordon for keeping his helmet and HANS device on when he shoved Kenseth. That is because that wasn’t Jeff Gordon who shoved Kenseth. It was a stunt double. Gordon was already back in the motorcoach sipping a latte."

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
lane24 said:
I'm a huge Gordon fan but this is funny. (taken from NASCAR Power Rankings at Nascar.com)

"A lot of you guys have already emailed and ridiculed Jeff Gordon for keeping his helmet and HANS device on when he shoved Kenseth. That is because that wasn’t Jeff Gordon who shoved Kenseth. It was a stunt double. Gordon was already back in the motorcoach sipping a latte."

That's the same guy that does the flips for Mark Martin.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lane24 said:

Cracked me up !

·
Registered
293 Posts
I wonder what kind of fine Gordon would have received if he would have head-butted Kenseth while he had the helmet on.

Now that would have made for a video clip!

·
Registered
467 Posts
DaveDakota24 said:
Ok, so before you brawl; you are gonna say "wait a few, so I can take my gear off"? Nah, you are gonna start swinging, and use what you have to give you the edge to kick ass! YOU ARE SO FULL OF **IT!
I would have my helmet off if I even considered getting into the fight.

And no, I wouldn't "use what I have to give me the edge." If that was the case, he could justify whipping out a pocket knife to "give him an edge."

watch after races, some racers take ten seconds to remove the helmet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Whatever! You just dont understand. It seems that no matter what this man does he gets criticized. He stands up for himself ,and what do they (you)pay attention to? Weather or not he took his damn helmet off. If I was as angry as I was, the last thing on my mind would have been my gear.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Standing up for himself? Pfft. He was acting like a child because he didn't get his own way on the racetrack.

If he was a grown up, he could have respectfully used his WORDS and said that it's just something that happens on the racetrack, and he would have done the same had the situation been reversed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Had this been Tony, Jr, or anyone else for that matter (except for the other 3 in HMS) in his place you'd be saying the complete opposite. You'd be singing their praises for standing up for himself, and rooting them on, and the helmet thing wouldnt be an object, but just because it's Jeff Gordon; he gets nit-picked about everthing he does..good or bad! Everything he does good; all I hear is he is NASCARS BOY, and the BAD all I hear is "HES A PUSS". Seems to me jealousy is the key to all of your hate, and complaint towards the best driver on the track.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Best driver??? not for years buddy. He has hard enough being one of the ten best!

·
Registered
23 Posts
DID I STUTTER? Yes, the best driver! He's the 4 time Champion, he has 73 victories, 199 top-fives and 269 top-10s in 437 starts. If that aint the best on the track; than I dont know who is? It seems to me if I remember right; Earnhardt had a long span since his last Championship to the year of his death, and it seems Gordon was the only one to give him a run for his money!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts