DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the morning, when I'm warming up the engine, I can hear a slow, faint thumping coming from the rear of the car. A buddy at work tells me it's probably my exhaust system expanding from the heat. I've never noticed anything similar on any other vehicle, unless I just pay more attention to this car since it is my first new one. Anyway, I'd love to have some input on this, 'cause I'm afraid to open the trunk... :eek: :D

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DOH!

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
I've been wondering where that ho is! Man, you owe me some serious late fees. :)

Oh, and I have no idea what the thump could be. Maybe exhaust expantion. Sounds credible.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
It could be the fuel pump. How much gas was in your tank? If it was real low some times they are know to make weird sounds in the cold. But dam it was 59 deg`s this morning and 63 for a high (bye bye bye snow). No skidooing for RapidTransit this week-end. Sorry Rapid had to rub it in a little bit. The older i get the more i hate the snow. Blowing it and the **** for brains who can`t drive in it. Even if the lived here all there lives.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts