DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peeps.My wife called me and said that the check engine light is on.I had her do the fault check and she got the code P1495 which means- Leak Detection Pump Solenoid Circuit - An open or shorted condition detected in the Leak Detection Pump (LDP) solenoid circuit.I see that others have had this fault thru the search.Can anyone tell me how to fix it?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes she did..I'll have her take the cap off and reinstall it..Only thing is,she won't be able to unhook the negative terminal to reset the fault..

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
New gas cap installed,but it's still throwing the P1495 code.Any help would be greatly appreciated.If it's just the relay,can we get a relay from autozone or advanced auto?Since i'm overseas,i'm trying to help her back home as best as possible..

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Electrics

That code means the leak detection pump solenoid has either shorted or become open. You most likely need an new solenoid.

Test the solenoid with an ohm meter to be sure.

Check the wires to the solenoid for abrasions or other obvious damage.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
mrcllusb said:
Do you know where i can purchase a new solenoid?
Try Autozone, but I suspect this will be a "dealer only" part, so you may have to visit the Dodge parts department.

·
Registered
186 Posts
hardwareguy said:
Try Autozone, but I suspect this will be a "dealer only" part, so you may have to visit the Dodge parts department.
I think that the part is a dealer only part because right now im in the prosses of changing it and i searched autozones website and kragen and i could not find it. Does anyone know if a 2001-2002 sebering with the 2.7 has that pump and will it work? Soryy for the highjack.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm trying to figure out,if the leak detection pump solenoid is on the pump or where is it?Does anyone know or have a diagram?

·
Registered
13,702 Posts
Sounds like a "burp" in sensors. Like stated possibly gas cap not tightened. Advise, don't panic and start replacing parts. If it was a "burp" after a few start cycles, the logirithm will reset light is it returns to normal.

Good to see she heeds CEL but my bet is it will clear with a week.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's been over a week.She went and purchased a new gas cap,had the fault reset and all,but it's still there.So my wife is taking to my father-in-law who is a mechanic to see if the soelnoid has actually gone bad.The solenoid sits right on the pump with a line going in and out.I have to give my wife all the credit in the world.She reached in there and got her hands dirty and all.She even printed out all the info from here before she went to our normal mechanic to show him!!She found this great complete automotive technical site called www.alldatadiy.com When she went to purchase a Haynes manual,she wasn't impressed with it's lack of in detail info..So she went digging on the net and came across that site.She showed me what they had,down to the complete diagram for the evap system,pump and all..She's the best..It's sucks me being away from home so much,but she's really stepped up and taken charge in all areas.I couldn't of married a better woman!!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well peeps got the code fixed.After getting the leak detection pump replaced,my wife took the car to the dodge dealer to have the hard code removed.Well while it was their,they checked it out.Come to find out it wasn't the pump that was bad,a wire under the rear seat was corroded and had broken off.So if anyone else gets this code,remove the bottome of the rear seat and check the wires there first befor you go any further..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts