DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its a 1965, 1967, 1969, with a super beetle egine..and just a little bit of Porsche....BEETLE

California style solid windows, fat fenders in the back,65 headlights, 275 tires in the back..165's in the front, lowered to the tits, hurst quick short throw shifter

4 speakers and an 8" bazooka tube in the back

Porsche 914 gauges

White leather interior

275 tires in the back...whoot

clarion cd player..and custom 4" kick panels..i made..*Fiberglass*

WELD RACING WHEELS

1600CC 60hp powerplant....modifictions coming soon!!!

custom 6x9's in the back

Goes to the body shop tomorrow to ger a few of the dents worked out...love this car!!!!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was moms camera..i dunno...and the air fresheners were a friends i dea...i think they look cool

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
My dad had a 62 or 65 beetle a while back. They are great looking toys, a guy nearby has a beetle too with a projector retro HEHE....

Yours looks very well maintained tho, im looking to get a used 300zx as a project car, i saw a few beetles in the process.

·
Registered
503 Posts
1600cc? you gotta get on that. I built up a 2180cc a few yrs back. that used to be the BIG motor. 92mm bore X 82mm stroke. big valve heads, dual weber carbs. easy build. now I think the engines might be a tad bigger. 2400cc if I recall. I have been out of the VW scene for awhile. and tell the body shop guys to fill in the exhaust cutouts on the rear. that looks so sad with an aftermarket exhaust.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
I'm not a BUG guy, but that's pretty clean! It needs a V8. :biggrin:

...on a side note...I always wanted to build a hot-rod Karmen Ghia with a SB Chev/Ford drivetrain just for kicks. Not sure why...I just wanted to. I doubt it'll ever happen for me though. :)

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
you had me worried for a minute with the thread stating (Got a new car) I was hoping you didnt get rid of your concorde. But your new car looks nice. how much that run ya?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Nice looking ride, I'd rather the PT Cruiser next to it in the pics, but I was never much a VW fan. Good luck modifying it.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
sweet! don't those things float, I mean if accidentally drove into a lake or something, someone told me that.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I paid $2500 hundred for it...which is a really good deal for all the modifications that were done to it...the exhaust is pretty damn good...its straight headers to a EMPI quietpack muffer...pretty much the best thing you can get besides the stinger Zoom Tube sticking straight up

·
Registered
677 Posts
Also, it doesn't have A/C at all. No heat in the winter, no cold air in the summer.
Once my aunt had a '74 and my mom borrowed it for a trip with us kids in the back. She then took a speed-bump at 60 mph and we went flying. But that's neither here nor there. :D

I always liked the old Beetles (Bubbles) and it's astounding how many of them were built. I believe production in Brazil only ended around 2001-2002 or so with the car basically being unchanged for 40-50 years.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts