DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, I traded the ol' ugly silver thing in today on a new truck.

I got an 05 Dakota Club Cab 4.7 V8 with an Auto. I needed something that can tow the Duster on its trailer, and this fits the bill.

I'll get some pics of it tomorrow...man this thing rides like a dream though...its smoother than the Intrepid is ;)

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Did you get the 230 hp or 250 hp Motor?

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SPOOK R/T said:
Did you get the 230 hp or 250 hp Motor?
230 HP...the 250 is only available in the Laramie and costs about $5k more. I got what I could afford to tow the car anywhere I need it to. It runs good...leaves 2 black strips wherever I ask it to ;)

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SPOOK R/T said:
Ouch $5K more :eek5:.
Basically...this one was a hair under $24k sticker, the Laramies start around $26-$27, but none of them are bare, and come damn near fully optioned...so they would end up around $28-$29k, with a few cresting $30k

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Crank windows, but the heated cloth seats? lol

Hey when I finally decide to take the plunge on getting one, I'll race ya with the HO 4.7 :)

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dakotaquadsport said:
Crank windows, but the heated cloth seats? lol

Hey when I finally decide to take the plunge on getting one, I'll race ya with the HO 4.7 :)
I'll have an N2O 4.7 ;)

As for heated seats...they come with the bucket seats whether you want the heat or not...Cloth or leather.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[QUOTE='98-ESer]for 28 grand you can get a Durango Hemi......[/QUOTE]
I don't have kids to drive around. And I find it hard to believe.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
So are you going to bring the Duster down to Carlisle now??? :driving:

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Bimmer_2002 said:
So are you going to bring the Duster down to Carlisle now??? :driving:
Probably Not. I don't think it will be worthy of sticking in a show, that, and I don't think my dad wants to tow it up there (I'd let him tow it...it will get better mileage through the mountains with the Diesel). The furthest I'll tow the Duster with the Dakota is probably North Carolina...after that, Mountains start to kill what little fuel economy I get.

Edit: I did a gtech 0-60 run last night with it after driving for a while and pulled down an 8.29 second run...not too bad for it being hot and me launching it off idle.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Nice truck dude. Maybe you can tow your duster to NC when I move there. (My parents are considering moving there because MI is as good as dead.).

-Brandon

1 - 20 of 37 Posts