DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I have aquired some 02 300M seats for my next 2nd gen Trep (which I don't have yet..just a technicality). They were a little dirty but overall in great shape...for only $35 a seat.

Best part was I found these seats in a 93 S-10 pickup :biggrin: Go figure.

both seats.

this one halfway clean

And here they are now after about an hours work on them

Now to my questions(you knew I had some,lol) :grinyes:

1 .I know newer M's seats will say air bag on the side, but did they in 02?
Wouldn't there be a yellow colored harness on the seat if it was equipped with the bags? Or is it part of the main harness?

2. Which M model did these seats come out of?

3. Is just the bottom cushion heated or is the whole seat heated?

All comments appriciated! :fun_08:

Now I gotta get the rear seats to match and.........Oh yeah the 2nd gen Trep too! I just couldn't pass these up. :fun_08:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
those look like pro am seats..if they are...you got a rare item...worth big bucks

2002: Adopting the body of the discontinued Chrysler LHS, a trim level was added, the hyper-luxury Limited for 2002. At midyear, Limited models got an optional Pro-Am Edition Group that included 2-tone leather upholstery, unique interior trim, matching chrome rimmed spare tire, a set of Taylor Made golf clubs (irons only), a special leather/suede Chrysler golf bag, exterior 'Pro-Am' appliques on the exterior rear windows, and a 'Pro-Am' trunk organizer for holding the clubs and other golf paraphenalia

Reactions: k-nash

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imadreadhead said:
those look like pro am seats..if they are...you got a rare item...worth big bucks
Dayum I knew I did good! I just didn't know how good! I guess I am probably screwed getting the rear seats :frown:

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
wow man! Nice find! They really cleaned up nicely too! Why wait for a 2nd gen when they'd make a great set of matching office chairs!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
k-nash said:
LOL that did cross my mind! :D

My couch is the thrid row bench seat from our old 1994 Grand Voyager :smilie_st

Man..I wish I could find a set of those seats in the yard. There was a 98 Concorde a few weeks ago, but the seats were trashed.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
95Intrepisize said:
THey looked bad at first, but boy did those clean up! Good find, yes those cam out of the Pro Am.

An S-10?! No way. Just put them in the current trep!

Yeah I **** you not :fun_08: ....The funny thing is this yard I have never ever seen a 300M or 2nd gen corde or LHS.

We were looking for parts for my bro friends blazer and to my amazement I find these in an S-10.

I wouldn't put them in the current trep because I wouldn't be able to get the heat or the memory part to work.....so I'll wait til next year when I get my 2nd gen.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
gotta congratulate you on the amazing find!
i'd LOVVE to find a set of those! and i would be willing to pay a whole hell of a lot more than you did!

knash said:
the answer to this question is yes, i have side airbags in my 02 ES, and the seats say SRS AIRBAG on a tag on the side of the seat, i do not see any reason why the 02 M wouldnt have a tag
i dont know what color the harness is for the side airbags though, i've never actually looked under there cept for while i was cleaning

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sneke_eyez said:
gotta congratulate you on the amazing find!
i'd LOVVE to find a set of those!
the answer to this question is yes, i have side airbags in my 02 ES, and the seats say SRS AIRBAG on a tag on the side of the seat, i do not see any reason why the 02 M wouldnt have a tag
i dont know what color the harness is for the side airbags though, i've never actually looked under there cept for while i was cleaning

Thanks I was under the assumption that these seats did not have the side air bags...looks like I was correct.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
i always remember him saying that he wanted a set of Treps, a first gen and a 2nd, which is what i'd like, but im going to do it in the opposite order

he does have one of the nicest first gens on here, though i do include yours on that list Intrepisize

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
95Intrepisize said:
K-Nash, if you want to give me your trep you currently have I will take it off your hands....

I know you recently got it painted, what are the mileage and how much would you want for it?

I would but as my wife says I love that car more than her! lol

Anyway I have 110K on her and running great!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sneke_eyez said:
i always remember him saying that he wanted a set of Treps, a first gen and a 2nd, which is what i'd like, but im going to do it in the opposite order

he does have one of the nicest first gens on here, though i do include yours on that list Intrepisize

Thanks for the compliment!! And yes next year I will be sporting both gens of the trep!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
K-nashs Intrepid is a role model for all us 1st gen owners. I love the color combo. I want another green Intrepid. I'm getting sick of the puke driftwood color.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Matt86 said:
K-nashs Intrepid is a role model for all us 1st gen owners. I love the color combo. I want another green Intrepid. I'm getting sick of the puke driftwood color.

Matt, thank you for very nice compliment, I have strived to make as perfect as I can get it, but it still gets driven regularly(these cars are meant to be driven)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
well, since you ask about the heat, the back and butt heat up, and im pretty sure that the memory will work, just not heat....you could always try to pop them in just for shits and giggles.
you are a lucky man with that find, even luckier if you could have found the rear also.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Badasstrep said:
well, since you ask about the heat, the back and butt heat up, and im pretty sure that the memory will work, just not heat....you could always try to pop them in just for shits and giggles.
you are a lucky man with that find, even luckier if you could have found the rear also.
Thats correct. The memory will work but the heat won't.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Badasstrep said:
You know I sat in your M seats the other day, but I couldn't remember if the back heated up. :doh:

I had no idea that the memory should work in the first gen. I still think I am going to wait for the 2nd gen, as these seats don't match in 1st gen at all.

I wish I could have found the rears. :crying5:

·
Registered
663 Posts
I am sure you could do something about providing power tot he heater. By running a few extra wires to the plug. Are the controls on the seat? Or is it controled by the dash/computer?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts