DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Read the thread just below this one. My ICE polish review thread has a few good processes that I would recommend as well as other members. Basically just wash the car really good with a quality car wash, NOT DISH SOAP, then towel dry it COMPLETELY, use some kind of polish, if desired, and then apply at least 1 coat of a good wax. Thats basically what I'd recommend.

Josiah

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have been using the meguiars system for about ten years. I have tried a little of everything from 3m pro products to turtle wax. the best results have come from meguairs. I am leaning toward using the meguairs pro products. I had a nasty ford explorer that had all kinds of paint problems and it look better than new. The paint was terrible. I usally use the paint cleaner, the polish and the pro glaze. and wax with gold class...

·
Registered
931 Posts
Here is my car wash routine:

1. Washed once a week(usually Saturday or Sunday, weather permitting) - wash it after it has been sitting in the shade for a little bit and has cooled off so that water doesn't dry instantly and leave water spots. I use either Turtle Wax Zip Wash, or Meguiars car soap (can't remember the name, but it's purple). I also shine the tires at this time, and clean/vacuum the interior, and wipe down the door jambs/sills.

2. First wash of each month, I put a coat of Meguiars Gold Class wax on it. At this time I also fully detail the interior (vaccum, trunk vacuum, leather conditioner, dash cleaning, etc..).. which reminds me - this weekend is wax weekend!

3. Every three months, I do Megiar's 3-Step system. Strip the wax with the paint cleaner, then polish, and then instead of the step 3 carnuba wax, I use gold class wax. I really like to take my time with this, make it an all-day affair. Usually once I'm done with step one and two, I'll apply the wax and let it sit for a couple hours while I do the interior. I also wax my door jambs. At this time I also Rain-X the windows and mirrors.

I have to say, the Meguiar's 3-step system is amazing, the best I've come across so far. And using the gold class wax for step three really makes it look great. I also use Meguiar's leather products for the interior.

·
Registered
686 Posts
wash and was regularly. Generally doesn't matter what brands you use as long as they are good quality. Use a car wash soap not dish detergent or laundry soap as that stuff strips wax right off. I just go to my local Canadian Tire and buy a big jug of soap called Sundance Car Wash.
As for waxes I have used Mothers, Mcguires, Turtle, Armour All, Nu Finish. They are all good.
Currently I am using Turtle Wax Colour Cure (in Silver) and it shines real nice and last's too.
P.s. Zymol is a rip off. Does no better a job than waxes that cost 1/2 as much.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Used a Mothers Clay Bar system last time I did my car and it came out REALLY nice.

O

·
0 Posts
boltuprite said:
wash and was regularly. Generally doesn't matter what brands you use as long as they are good quality. Use a car wash soap not dish detergent or laundry soap as that stuff strips wax right off. I just go to my local Canadian Tire and buy a big jug of soap called Sundance Car Wash.
As for waxes I have used Mothers, Mcguires, Turtle, Armour All, Nu Finish. They are all good.
Currently I am using Turtle Wax Colour Cure (in Silver) and it shines real nice and last's too.
P.s. Zymol is a rip off. Does no better a job than waxes that cost 1/2 as much.

I wash my trep with armor all carwash, then I use Simple Green to clean the tires and for me my hub caps (for now). I then rinse the car and let the Simple Green sit for a few minutes.

Then rinse the wheels and tires with the hose, the I use an old wash mitt to wash the wheels and tires.

After all that I Dry the car and spray Rain-X WAX each time I wash the car by hand, wich is about every 2 weeks. I use ZYMOL on the tires and they look great.

Dirt stays off for an average of a week, and the shine stays even if I go to a touchless car wash.

As for the inside trim I wipe down with a rag soaked in HOT water.

I don't vaccum since I have a 1 yr old that gets to eat in the car.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Tires, I use Meguires Endurance. It's a liquid with a foam applicator brush.

Shines beautifully and it actually lasts.

·
Registered
72 Posts
for your car body and interior, Polyshield makes a pretty good system. We use it at work and people love the results.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts