DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any suggestions for best firewall software?

·
Registered
530 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Conceal... but I told ya that on AIM;)

Si

·
Registered
130 Posts
Another vote for zone alarm. You gotta watch out though, the firewall works so good it'll block stuff that you don't want blocked. Just gotta configure it right.

If you didn't know already you can go here to see how secure your comp is, https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

·
Registered
680 Posts
96Concorde said:
Zonalarm.. www.zonealarm.com
It's free for personal use..
NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

god i friggin' hate that thing
if ye'r looking for a free firewall, u can use Zonealarm, but i had a lot of problems with it, both personally and proffesionaly

here's the only 2 things i ever recoment for a firewall
1) Router ( Linksys Dsl/Cable Router)
if that's out on the unaffordable level, then this:
2) BlackIce Defender , which can be found at Comp_U_Hell (aka. CompUSA) or here
can you hear me now?

·
Registered
887 Posts
I say get a router... it'll be worth it when you get more than one computer and it comes with an excellent port blocker. Lynksis is good and easy to configure just incase you have to open up some ports(just form personal experience)

·
Registered
285 Posts
If you have McAfee virus, do not use Zone Alarm. Let's just say that they do not work together. I called Zone Alarm and they know about it but can not guarentee any fix. I called Mc Afee and they will not guarentee a fix either. My system blue screened alot when I had both installed together.

I am very happy with Norton products, both Virus Scan and Firewall.

·
Registered
680 Posts
01_RT said:

I am very happy with Norton products, both Virus Scan and Firewall.
glad to hear Norton works for you. i've seen lots of my customer's who have Norton Internet Security and McAfee Firewall and lots to times they have a tremendous amount of the most horrible kinds of problems. Lots of times, for no appereant reason, these 2 particular firewalls will block the ports nessessary for connection, ie: 80, 21,23,25,110, 5000, and a few others. and then some people try to Uninstall those blasted things, it removes parts of it, but not all, and in half the cases that i've dealth with, they had to Reformat their OS.

McAfee's Viruscan also changes the pop servers, and sometimes it also can cause problems. but other wise, i'm All for Norton's and McAfee's Viruscans, but a definate HELL NOOOOOOOOOOO for their Firewalls.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts