DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it did take them awhile longer to get the dynamat in that expected, but it did get done. I have about 2 extra sheets, a piece the size of a lic plate and a few other small scraps. they covered sooo much. I havent seen in the doors, but my backseat is still out so I can pull that black stuff aside and see.
they did the top of the rear deck and the cross beams between the backseat and trunk. they did the trunk lid, walls, and floor. I had all the spare tire stuff out. btw, they frigin covered the slot where you put the rod for your spare tire and equp. wtf!?!? they also left the wires just hanging from the reverse lights to whereever... bastards.
The car is so so quiet to ride in now! however - it now feels like its make of lead. think of swiming with ankle weights on. you prob could, but it wouldent be fun. thats how my car feels. at least in compairson to how it used to be.
I think the sound quality is better, but it seems to now be lacking something. kinda like it sucked some bass out..? IDK
I also had them put in these other things from dynamat that are rubber squares that go behind your speakers. cant remember the name of them.
I had my tokicos installed on tuesday, and this dynamat on thursday. the car was feeling so extra peppy cause of the new struts, now it feels like its underpowered. hopefully ill get used to it.
oh, and I swear the trunk rattles more now then before. isnt dynamat supposed to make that crap stop??
what is going on?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it really does not seem louder. seems better casue the road noise is gone, but anyways it does sound real good
nobody knows whats with the trunk rattling so much?
in the past Ive heard "my trunk rattles from my subs." then someone would say "get dynamat" --- I did that and it rattles just as bad if not worse. whats the deal?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
its probably more like 75 to 100 pounds, i'd figure. Dynamat isn't a miracle cure-all for car audio. If you really want no rattles, make sure everything in your trunk is nicely bolted down and any loose carpeting or wires are taped up. Even with my single 10" i noticed some noise just from wires and trunk carpet being shaken, but then some people say I have really good hearing lol. I taped back some of the carpet and taped down the wires and it did sound better. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe IntrepidBusIV, my blue partner in crime, used to spray automotive under-coating on the inside of his subwoofer box and that not only sealed it well, but cut down on rattling. I would even go as far as to say if it is really bothering you you could build a new box out of thicker wood (at least 3/4" MDF) and use plenty of glue and caulk to seal it all together well. I know a lot of pre-made boxes aren't very good quality and use some use inferior wood at smaller thicknesses, and also most are not the right cubic feet. Not an expert on any of this but it's something to look into.

Josiah

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its not really the lid that rattles so much as the keyhole/trunk-pop-thing behind it and/or some of the taillights
having it for a few days Im geting used to the weight, and the sound is nice. there seem to be quite a few more small noises from all of the doors now and I assume this is from removing them to install stuff, but its irritating

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have some pics of what I think they did incorrectly - at least what Ive noticed so far - but noplace to host them... I will here as soon as I can get rid of some old ones.
I cant believe how the "professionals" did this.... are they just shafting me or what? err hopefully I can post them soon

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
eh, thats the other prob. 7mp camera. about 38 pic taken yesterday = 90.1mb
even 1 is way too big to post here (see mileage in sig, had to be reduced alot)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Take off the rear light bar off the trunk lid, put dynamat in there, bolt the ***** back up. That rattles alot, trust me, I did my trunk up in dyna-xtreme. The other rattling you are noticing now is from the front of the car. my guage cluster rattled untill i put dynamat on the black piece that goes around it (inside of it so i cant see the matting) I also noticed my OTIS rattles like hell. The car isnt really rattling more, you are just noticing rattles from areas you couldnt hear before, also make sure your rear window SEAL is still good, mine went bad and the whole window would rattle. Put a piece of dynamat on the back of your license plate, and stick that baby back on tight. check the underside of the car near the gastank and make sure everything is still bolted up tight. Also put your rear seats back in, that will increase sound quality and reduce the rattles. Personally I took my rear third brake light out completely because the bass would break the bulbs and it rattled- it also allows a vent for the bass into the cabin.

The system probably hits harder you just dont notice it, try opening your front windows about 2 inches each window and see if it sounds louder then before, the compression may be high enough or at a certain point where you cant actually "hear" the difference, it gets sorta stuffy. Opening the window will act like a port.

The best time to find rattles in your car are when you are congested and sick. You cant hear the lows at all (or hardly) and you hear the rattling frequency a hell of a lot better, this is when i used to go find the rattles in my car, when i was stuffed up and sick. Kid tested, Japy approved

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well get this (this is one of the pics I want to put up) -
they put dynamat over the entire trunk lid... sounds good BUT they put it over all those plastic 'bolts' to get the things off the trunk. I also dont know how Im ever going to change the reverse bulb. there is a plug (took a pic of it too) hanging there with 2 teeth or prongs attached to nothing, dosent seem to be anything to attach it to.
ive got stuff on the back of my plate
when I was outside the car with the system on I noticed rattles comming from under the trunk (not the plate) but Im not sure how to make it stop. but it sounds like what you said about near the gas tank
also I would like to make the glove box and my stereo stop rattling. my thought is to take the glove box door apart and putting dynamat in there.

my rear deck rattles in a whole different way now, so I want to take it all back apart again and put stuff on the underside of the carpeted piece around the 3rd light
I drove around w/o the 3rd light while I had everything out (about a month or so) and the local authority did not seem to like it much, so Im not going with removing it forever.

I have played with the idea of getting another rear deck to mod somehow to make it easier to get to the speakers and hopefully reduce much of the rattle

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.