DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://store.yahoo.com/streamlinedistribution/waxranorwax.html

This is the one that I got... the one Randy recommended. I opened it up... looks pretty cool. Rotates fast. I just need to buy a car AC adapter since I don't have an outlet to pull power from.

Ill probably give the car a nice buff job this weekend with some Zaino. :)

Oh.. one other note... this buffer comes with a nice plastic case so you can store it away nicely.

[ February 14, 2002: Message edited by: DjPiLL ]

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I just wax it inside my garage. Question though. You got two heads for the polisher. One is real fluffy like, the other is a harder piece. Which one do you use where? I take it you use the harder piece to apply the wax, and the soft fluffier piece to buff it out.

That hard piece feels a little rough... I hope it won't leave a ton of swirl marks. Where can I get replacement heads for this? I might buy some replacements and use those.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I used to work at a car dealership and they had some nice ones that I used. I am looking at either a Milwaukee Tools or a Makita variable speed (0-3000 rpm) 7" polisher. These things are quite expensive but well worth the money. My buddy is a automobile painter and he has had the same one for 7 or 8 years. He uses it every single day!!!

Let us know how you like the one you got. If it works as well as the one I want, I may change my mind.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts