DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My invitation to the Magnum Premiere night came in the mail today...its June 17th and i get a free one troy ounce silver coin just for attending!!!!!!!!!!! lol...but yea...cant wait...gotta take that night off work

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I went, got my free coin and a hot dog, and...

and.......

AND........

DROVE A MAGNUM R/T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:(
i drove 2 magnum sxts....
got the free coin, and free cookies and mountain dew, and sandwiches
won a $100 gift card to best buy
won a free $100 detail from the dealership (dakota goes in soon)
my friend rachelle won a $100 best buy gift certificate...
heres some pics

·
Registered
279 Posts
340duster said:
:(

my friend rachelle won a $100 best buy gift certificate...
Is that her reflection in the stereo?:wink:

430 miles on the odometer already!:eek:

Battery in the back? Talk about a short power cable for amps.:D

Which model has the Viper engine?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Did you notice the angle of the rear tire? From what I have read it's for the new 40MPH rear collison standards, it will actually slide upwards if you get hit. Not a bad place for the battery, easy to get to, and it's pretty well protected from the elements and such.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
punk_32 said:
Is that her reflection in the stereo?:wink:

430 miles on the odometer already!:eek:

Battery in the back? Talk about a short power cable for amps.:D

Which model has the Viper engine?:rolleyes:
the Viper has the viper motor...
the battery makes for good weight distribution and more traction, **** audio
that is their test drive mule magnum, thats why there are so many miles.
thats my mom in the stereo...and next to the magnesium magnum
here is shell:

·
Registered
49 Posts
We went to the Premiere Night. Got the coin, got a Dodge Motorsports T-shirt as a door prize. Got to test drive the SXT. Actually my wife test drove, I rode. Fantastic ride. Smooth, quiet. We took on our little test loop that she and I devised over the years for locating rattles, ride, cornering and high speed. The car gets great marks all around from us. She gave some "significant" throttle input. Very ummmm......brisk. It would not pass the $100 bill on the dashboard trick, but it did plant my butt in the seat. She asked if it had the Hemi it. LOL. I told her it was a 250 horse V6 and then asked what a 340 horse V8 might feel like in it. She just laughed. She said it handled much better than the Trep, which I thought handled great already. The steering was tight. The dash was cool. Lots of Mercedes influences throughout this car outside of the ESP. She said it would not hurt her feelings if we traded the Trep in on one. Next drive, an R/T. On a side note, they had a very nice bright Yellow 4-door Ram, Hemi, chrome 20's, black leather seats with yellow inserts in them. Very sharp. Sticker was $32gerrr. She said she thought she would look pretty nice in that truck too.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'll attest to that...the magnum rode so much smoother than the trep does...i just wish they had an RT there that i could drive...i think my mom may be buying one after the first year, but i really need to drive the hemi, since thats what we would be buying. But for some reason, it didnt feel as quick as its supposed to be...i have a hard time believing the SXT will go 0-60 in 7.8, but then again, there was quite a bit of traffic and i couldnt jump on it too much

·
Registered
22 Posts
I went to the premier and drove the Magnum RT. The car really has a presence. It is so radically different from anything else on the road. It commands notice. It was inferno red with most of the options ($35,300). Roomy, comfortable, powerful. I would buy it for the sound alone. My wife likes it better than the 300C (imagine that?). My lease is up in a few months. We will see...maybe....

·
Registered
279 Posts
340duster said:
the Viper has the viper motor...
the battery makes for good weight distribution and more traction, **** audio
that is their test drive mule magnum, thats why there are so many miles.
thats my mom in the stereo...and next to the magnesium magnum
Sorry for the question about your friend! I didn't realize, until now, that you were just shy of 19.
As for the battery in the back, I don't see how a battery would affect weight distribution that much. IMHO, I think it's because of all the other stuff under the hood and they got tired of people complaining about the battery in the Trep being hard to get to.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
punk_32 said:
Sorry for the question about your friend! I didn't realize, until now, that you were just shy of 19.
As for the battery in the back, I don't see how a battery would affect weight distribution that much. IMHO, I think it's because of all the other stuff under the hood and they got tired of people complaining about the battery in the Trep being hard to get to.
there is plenty of room under the hood for it...but 40 lbs in the back helps alot...why do you think thats the first thing anyone does when they want to make their RWD car hook better? its the cheapest way to do it...sure, there is alot of other weight in the car, but the 40 from that battery helps quite a bit for traction, since its the equivalent of a bag of sand that people tend to use as well

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I have to agree with the comments on the handling of the Magnum. I took the R/T up to about 70-75 on an entrance ramp and man oh man, that thing acted like it was glued to the road. Ride was extremely smooth but I only drove 4 lane roads. Although not quite as nimble as the 426's and 440's of the muscle car era, throtle response was excellent. I hardly noticed any understeer (maybe a slight hint of it) or oversteer. Seat seemed very comfortable. 34K price tag was frightening...

One of the biggest adjustments was getting used to the new version of Autostick. Unlike our autostick, there is no separate position for autostick. Normal driving position is the same position as for autostick. Also took a bit to get used to the fact that there is 5, not 4 gears. In reality I only put 3-4 miles on it (which went by very quickly) but I was favorably impressed to say the least. Also of interest is the fact that the back windows go all the way down. How long has it been since that hapened. Rear visibility is greatly improved over the Intrepid when backing up, but could still use some improvement. Although stylish, those narow "slit" wundows don't give you the big picture.

Bottom line, would I buy one?? Probably, but $34K??? Makes me think twice...

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
bongobobny said:
I have to agree with the comments on the handling of the Magnum. I took the R/T up to about 70-75 on an entrance ramp and man oh man, that thing acted like it was glued to the road. Ride was extremely smooth but I only drove 4 lane roads. Although not quite as nimble as the 426's and 440's of the muscle car era, throtle response was excellent. I hardly noticed any understeer (maybe a slight hint of it) or oversteer. Seat seemed very comfortable. 34K price tag was frightening...

One of the biggest adjustments was getting used to the new version of Autostick. Unlike our autostick, there is no separate position for autostick. Normal driving position is the same position as for autostick. Also took a bit to get used to the fact that there is 5, not 4 gears. In reality I only put 3-4 miles on it (which went by very quickly) but I was favorably impressed to say the least. Also of interest is the fact that the back windows go all the way down. How long has it been since that hapened. Rear visibility is greatly improved over the Intrepid when backing up, but could still use some improvement. Although stylish, those narow "slit" wundows don't give you the big picture.

Bottom line, would I buy one?? Probably, but $34K??? Makes me think twice...
Yea 34 is getting up there, the one that I drove was loaded down except for Auto Climate Control (which I could care less) and a Navigation system (getting lost is half the fun anyways :) ) Had everything else though, it was 31K for it.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hey bongo - you are wrong. These HEMI's are quicker than the old ones .... unless you had slicks on it. They never ever could hook well enough to keep up with these.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Don Hardy said:
Hey bongo - you are wrong. These HEMI's are quicker than the old ones .... unless you had slicks on it. They never ever could hook well enough to keep up with these.
The old Hemi's handled like trucks. They were O.K. in a straight line. When a corner came up you started to sweat. My old 72 386 Charger turned like it was on ice. The hemis were just as bad.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts