DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
left car wash, not even a 1/2 mile down the road, i get pulled over for having just fog lights on. explained i just left the car wash and "forgot" to turn on. ran my plate and license. said to have headlightson and be more aware. wtf. my fog lights are just as bright as the headlights.
my 2 cents

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Sounds kinda petty to me to pull you over just for that.
myself i get pretty pissed at **** like that and probably would have gave him an earful of how i felt ticket or no ticket!

·
Registered
484 Posts
How dark was it?

Right now I cant drive at night because my stereo dims the lights too much :D Need to upgrade all my wiring. (cops will give tickets for the lights not working correctly)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
meanwhile 2 Miles Away A Family Of Six Was Brutally Murdered Over 22 Dollars, But At Least You Now Have Your Headlights On....
Lmao

·
Registered
484 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
I raced my cousin down 95...lol...i let him get out of sight...and then let the pushrod work its magic...then i did donuts in the giant parking lot then when my cousin pulled up i swung it the other way and did donuts around his car...

·
Registered
445 Posts
If it was nighttime I can see the cops side of the story 100%, if it's night you need your headlights on, doesn't matter if your fogs are just as bright as the heads. It's like getting pulled over for having a bulb out, they just want to let you know. If he didn't give you a ticket, why do you really care? He's doing his job trying to keep the roads safe.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've heard a couple of stories like this where cops are pulling people over for very minor problems. I have heard by way of the grapevine that in general, people are driving slower to conserve fuel. Because of that, the cops aren't able to write as many traffic tickets for speeding and for accidents caused by speeding and wreckless driving. So they're now looking for any excuse to pull someone over to write a ticket to bring in some money to the city coffers. However, in this case, since you didn't get a ticket, maybe he was just trying to warn you before you got to the cop that WOULD write you a ticket...

Yea, it sucks to get pulled over and hassled a little for something so trivial, but at least you didn't get a ticket and have your insurance rates go up.

·
Registered
166 Posts
If it was nighttime I can see the cops side of the story 100%, if it's night you need your headlights on, doesn't matter if your fogs are just as bright as the heads. It's like getting pulled over for having a bulb out, they just want to let you know. If he didn't give you a ticket, why do you really care? He's doing his job trying to keep the roads safe.
Not to mention that most of the DUI and drug busts are made when a cop just pulls over a car for a light out or not turned on at all. And fogs are no where near as bright as head lights. Poses a safety hazard and a good way to get run over by a driver that can't see you coming. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Not to mention that most of the DUI and drug busts are made when a cop just pulls over a car for a light out or not turned on at all. And fogs are no where near as bright as head lights. Poses a safety hazard and a good way to get run over by a driver that can't see you coming. :biggrin:
Good call. Seeing as most drunks forget to turn on their headlights, seems like an appropriate reason to pull you over to me. He didn't ticket you, so why *****? Makes for bad car-ma. Next time you might not be so fortunate.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
I've been pulled over for my license plate light being out. Now that was a bored cop... because honestly, only cops care about that light.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Actually no, I didnt get a ticket for that, the only ticket I've ever gotten was for a "noisy muffler" ...the one I didnt have at the time...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts