DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zup every one, well I got a 93 ES, my problems are the following: (1) When I turn on the car, I just hear the gas pump turning on, in the speedometer, I dont get all the lights to turn on........after several turn on, turn off the key (switching the ignition switch), I will say like 5 or 6 time, then I get all the lights and the beep sound in the car......will it be the bat, or some wire at the bat or the computer that goes next to the glove comparment, what will it be? (2) The car is leaking oil, both Trans and Motor, The mechanic told me that it was all the plasctic gaskets from the engine and a main one in the tranny (forgot the name of the one in the tranny) how much are the gaskets and will it be expensive :brow2:

PLEASE I NEED HELP, cause I have to buy every freeking tranny oil and motor oil to refil it, and Its about 20 buck I waste, thanks a lot to all di.net member that help me all the time with trouble :fun_06:

·
Dain bramaged
7,213 Posts
the first problem sounds like a faulty ignition switch.

there are no "plastic" gaskets on our engines.. thou I would bet the rear main seal on the engine is leaking and probably the pan gasket on the transmission

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Since you didn't say which seals :

#4- Valve Cover Gasket
#38- Rear Main Seal
#41- Front Crank Seal
#46 Oil Pan Gasket

I bet he was talking about the Main Pump Seal on the Tranny. But you got to drop the tranny to get to it. Do you have any fluid dripping out of the little weep hole at the bottom of the tranny housing were the tranny meet's the rear of the engine?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
mmmm...I think so, actually I have two of them, one for the engine and another for the tranny, the one that worries the most is the one of the tranny since it goes into limp mode and I dont want to busted......
There is also another thing, I have a custom air intake, there is a pipe that goes from the top of the valve cover to the factory intake, well I placed a small filter in there (the ones that look like the big intake one but small) and I see oil comming out from it when time passes, small drops from it, like a little, tiny leak, but little I mean......whats up with that?? is it normal??

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Umm, she goes into limp mode. Is she going into limp mode when the fluid gets low, or does she do it even though the fluid level is full. If she does it with the fluid level being full, you got more than just a bad seal. Hopefully just a sensor, not something more major. As for the rear seal on the engine, you also got to drop the tranny for that too.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
na It only goes into limp mode when its missing oil, when I put like 5 qts, its fine for a week or more.....Hey by any chance do u have msn??

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
You do have the 3.5 L right ? If so, I know what, line you are talking about, it's a line just like the PCV valve line. Since your engine is getting older, your getting more blowby gases comeing up from below, not a thing you can do about that. Just make sure you have got a good working PCV Valve on her.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nop its a 3.3, there is actually two, one in the right side, if you look at the car from the front, the one on the right side goes to the back of the engine and meets with the "gray block thing" which is where the air goes through the engine and the one on the left goes to the factory intake.......

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
XCALIBUR said:
na It only goes into limp mode when its missing oil, when I put like 5 qts, its fine for a week or more.....Hey by any chance do u have msn??
No, I don't have MSN. I know trying to chat this way is slow.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
XCALIBUR said:
Nop its a 3.3, there is actually two, one in the right side, if you look at the car from the front, the one on the right side goes to the back of the engine and meets with the "gray block thing" which is where the air goes through the engine and the one on the left goes to the factory intake.......
Ok, I know which one your talking about, it still part of the Crankcase vent system. Just getting alot of blowby gasses. All you can do is make sure you got a fresh PCV Valve on her.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
XCALIBUR said:
As for the tranny, that's good that it only does this when the fluids low. I'd get under the car to see where the fluid is leaking from. You never know could just be the pan gasket. If so thats easy fix. But if it's the pump seal, your going to have to drop the tranny.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts