DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was running the trep around Queens and Manhattan on Saturday. Well when I was parked in Queens at my storage... this guy came up to me and complimented on what a fine ride I had. He even went as far as saying that my R/T reminded him of a Toyota Supra. He said because it has a wide body or something. LOL I don't know how accurate that is... but hey ill take any comparison to a Supra. ;)

Then I was parked in Manhattan and while I was unloading DJ equipment for a party... i got stopped by TWO people on separate occasions to say how great my car was looking. I was like daym... what a day. LOL

Has anyone ever gotten compliments on their ride by three different people on three different occasions all on the same day? I rule!!!! Hehehehe they must have heard I am current IOM on DI.NET. Hehehehe

And ****... the car wasn't even washed. LOL that i did on Sunday.

Makes ya proud.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Funny, whenever anyone tells me I have a nice ride, I always seem to fit in,"you should see my friend Rich's ride...now that thing is awesome."

You got an incredible car man...next time I see you, I'll probably have to carjack it.:wink:

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats actually pretty funny cause I was gonna leave it on the street parked when I was done unloading. But after all those compliments, and people watching me take out stereo equipment... that car went right into the parking garage when I was done unloading. No way I am leaving it on the street, especially since the part of Manhattan I was in... lets just say wasn't the greatest of neighborhoods.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
joekd said:
actaully the most common compliment I get is "Nice looking car, what is it?"
Exactly! I get that on average 10 times a week. Or "How can someone your age afford a nice car like that?"

I mean, the car isn't that special, but I guess there aren't too many first gen dark metallic green LHS' running around. I've seen mine, and maybe one other.

In fact, I have never seen another green LHS with a moonroof and the options this one has. I want to e-mail Chrysler my VIN and have them decode it, and tell me production numbers of my colour, and my colour with moonroof.

I've done it before with other cars, but not this one.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I get a fair amount of compliments on my car too. Not as many as Dj's R/T I'm sure. Usually it is to tell my my exhaust is sweet and what I have for a motor since it sounds alot meaner than it actually is. :p

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have to agree with you guys on this one. I get a lot of people asking what kind of Chrysler( up north here) it is and telling me how good it looks. Buying this car was one of the best things I've done. You know your ride is hot when all your 18 year old sons friends stand around it talking for an hour with the final question " can I have the keys so the guys can look under the hood".

·
Registered
42 Posts
people have the guts to ask me if my stratus is a neon!

does this look like a neon to you????
(no not the green neon in the background either [email protected]$$)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
My boss asked me why I bought a "kids car." My chin almost hit the floor! Then I walked him around it, sat him in it, and showed him the huge back seat (complete with child seat). He especially liked, and commented on, the 17" wheels and roomy rear end. When I was done showing off, the "kids car" had turned into something a bit more "mature."

·
Registered
427 Posts
did you gain any hp with your chid seat? I heard they were good for an extra five. Just added one of my own so I had to ask:p :D

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
bigdaddy said:
did you gain any hp with your chid seat
You know it! The damn thing ain't for looks! :cool: :biggrin:

·
Registered
46 Posts
all depends on who you want to be looking (ie Hellllllloooo Ladies). LOL... got one in my car too!
:eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
DJPILL if I were you I would expect compliments!!!Damn, I guess I won't get the benefit of the carseat hp boost but I do have a funny story. I was sitting in the car waiting for my wife to come out of the mall when this guy goes walking past and sees my car. He comes to quick stop & his wife (girlfriend whatever) runs into him:eek:. Then started:mad:fightin & arguing!!!! It was better than a compliment:biggrin:!! The Motorsports gets so many compliments its really amaizing. When I see it in the parking lot & compare it to the other cars around it, nothing ever looks as gooood.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hey DjPiLL,

I may not get 3 compliments on the same day, but I do get my share of looks and compliments. My tints aren't 15's like yours. I have like 50's on mine, but it's just enough for folks to wonder who's driving. The question I get most is "Where'd you get that exhaust? Wicked rumble" I can only smile, and say "Factory stock"

R/T's are not too common in Canada's capital. I've only seen like two others, not including CapitalCity's. That's one of the best things about the R/T. I'm not trying to slam my SE and ES friends out there, but around here, there's and SE on every corner, and an ES on every second corner. You have to look long and hard to see an R/T. I like that.

Irregardless of model, it's a sweet ride to have, no matter how you look at it. Enjoy!:D

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Smithery said:
long and hard
heh heh, he said, "long and hard" heh heh :bigsmile:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I get compliments alot of time when I am cleaning my car, which is couple of times a week. I got new brakes on Monday and the guy at the shop told he had never liked Intrepids but that the sum of everything I had done to my car just worked. (I guess that is a compliment). Most people think I am a young guy when they see my car, I wish I had my Intrepid when I was young.

But as always, Mr. DJ you do have a very nice car, too bad you have to deal with those winters back there.

Charles

·
Registered
121 Posts
Whenever I see some people that haven't seen my car, they think it's from a rental company or something, or that is my mom's car or my older sister's :p
I'm only 19, and you know, i'm young i'm supposed to have a small sporty ricer car :wink: Hell no!!!:bigsmile:
They love my car and they alwasy choose to ride with me whenever we go somewhere.

Treps rule!!:baaa:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I get a LOT of compliments on my car...whether getting out at best buy, or at the car wash,(that was the past week)
or even had several people at stop lights yelling (asking, complimenting) me on it as well.

this thing really stands out form the crowd and sometimes it seems everyone is looking at it, gotta love limo tint, i felt like i was on display until i got it.

I also get a lot of "what kind of car is that" because i have it debadged, and they don't see the DI.net sticker on my window.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
FOr me the best compliment is when people tell me that they think my car is two or three years old!!!! (it's 10!!!) :eek:

When I take it to the mechanic they always comment on how good of shape she's in. (only 85,000 KMs... 55,000 miles).

I also try to keep the exterior shiny and polished. :) She looks gooooood... I love my car. :D

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
The assholes at work tell me that my car looks like **** (they all either own imports or Jeeps). But all of my wife's friends think that my car rocks. ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts