DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... got a ton of **** done today. Went over to my Audio Guy... and he installed my Bazooka Sub. I must say it thumps good enough for me... (for now). ;)

He told me he EQed it and such... but of course I had to change around the settings and use my "DJ expertise" LOL to get it the way I want. I still have to mess with it, probably tweak it nice this weekend.

Ok... now here comes the fun part. I installed my PIAA bulbs today. Lucky for me I saw Intrepidatious today and he bought a pair of 9006 headlight superwhite bulbs so I watched him install his (which turned out to be a nightmare... but ill let him explain that one). ;) I brought my car back home and I installed my 9006 bulbs no problem. The fun part came when I installed my H3 fog bulbs. The factory bulb has a different connector than the PIAA bulb. Well, i got daring and cut the connector thats attached to the car, and spliced the wire with some electrical tape. Went in no problem. It kinda felt like I was installing bulbs in my DJ lights. Hehehehe they are pretty much the same idea so I felt comfortable doing it. ;) Now I just have to figure out how to aim my lights properly. My right headlight is "slightly" higher than the left... noticed this when I flashed my lights against a wall.

Here is a pic of the difference in the lights... with the PIAAs on the right (obviously). Keep in mind this was taken indoors with some light so the difference is probably greater than what my digicam shows.

Here's food for thought. My co-worker told me I should rip off the front reflector to the fog lights, which will expose the light completely.. and hence make it more direct and brighter. I guess its kinda like having my fog lights act as "brights". Has anyone done this? Sounds like a cool idea.

[ February 06, 2002: Message edited by: DjPiLL ]

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
It's kinda funny to look at how pathetic the OEM lights look compared to nice aftermarket ones huh? :)

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah at least with Intrepidatious's bulbs... we were even able to tell during the day if we looked at them straight on. Pretty crazy. You would think that for a few bucks more they would just put those bulbs on there stock. LOL Oh well, what can you do. Hehehe.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I dont know how the factory fog lights are in the intrepids, but I have a friend w/ a 93 Beretta GTZ and he took off the reflector in front of the bulb - it makes it a lot brighter.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I dont know how the factory fog lights are in the intrepids, but I have a friend w/ a 93 Beretta GTZ and he took off the reflector in front of the bulb - it makes it a lot brighter.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Ha ha...it seems everytime me and DJ get together we have bad luck. Well I bought my Superwhites today...WOW!!!! :eek: What a difference!!! I feel like I'm rich guy with HID's now. It looks so good at night...pure white!

Anyway, the nightmare DJPill was refering to was that one of my headlights bolts was stripped. It would not come loose no matter what (vise-grips, pliers, Hindu-voodoo doll)...sooo...I had to drill it out. Wasn't much fun, because I had to get the new bolt from Dodge. $3.50...not too bad. But jeez!!! I feel like Charlie Brown lately with my luck!!! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts