DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after getting over how much we got screwed on our 2004 Expedition (we paid 36,000, dealer offered 17,500). His explaination sounded credible, Ford is offfering 11,000 in incentives on the 2006 Expedition, why would someone buy what he even admitted was a very clean 2004 when they could get a new 2006 for about the same price.

So we decided to trade her 98 Chrysler Sebring in, we were looking at 2006 Fusions, Stratus and Caliber, we thought we had settled on a Fusion SEL when the dealer mentioned a Certified Pre-Owned Ford 500 Limited he had, 2005 with only 11,000. I may never buy a brand new car again, the CPO car has a better warranty than the new car, and we got it for 12,000 less than a 2006 500 Limited that was sitting on the same lot, let someone else pay the first year depreciation.

Here is what it looked like when got it:

I just got had the front windows tinted yesterday, I did a chrome exchange also:

She really likes it, and it drives nice.

Charles

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
If your into chrome stuff, ask them about the 07 Chrome Mesh grill. (and no it's not that fake plastic crap either)

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
i like them, but they just look too old-school for me, as in, i see 65 year old guys driving to the golf course in them
if i was buying a car in that class it would be the 300C

however, i am not discounting the car at all, it is styled nicely and that looks to be a particularly nice car you have right there Charles, good price and everything!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I think the inside looks great and its probably very comfortable but I think the looks of it are a little plain. It honestly looks like a stretched and slightly old-ened up Focus as a luxury sedan. I don't like it, and also agree that the 300c would be much higher on my list of possible car purchases than this car. Nice find though, a car is a car, and if the lady likes it, thats all that matters. :laughing:

Josiah

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I like the looks of the Fusion. So does Ford, thats why they are changeing the Front and Rear Ends to look like the Fusion.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Ummmmm, Hey buddy, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but, [wisper]thats a ford...[/wisper] :icon_smil :icon_smil :rolleyes:

j/k

Nice car......

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
500? I really don't think your wife is old enough to be driving one of those!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Avenger said:
500? I really don't think your wife is old enough to be driving one of those!
She is younger than me, she likes the "Command" seating, it is very high like an SUV. And I won't let her drive my car.

Charles

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
MathWiz said:
She is younger than me, she likes the "Command" seating, it is very high like an SUV. And I won't let her drive my car.

Charles
My wife likes the SUV seating too, but I for one prefer the "Uncommand" seating, the lower the better ;)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Slagathor said:
Ummmmm, Hey buddy, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but, [wisper]thats a ford...[/wisper] :icon_smil :icon_smil :rolleyes:
Actually it is more Volvo than Ford, based on the Volvo S80

Charles

·
Registered
176 Posts
Looks nice. BTW have you noticed how those that don't like it are being very careful in saying so...Gotta keep the Photoshop Man HAPPY :biggrinfl . Know what you mean about the wife too. My wife won't even consider anything but a mini-van because of it (and I did let her drive my car...well the 96 Eagle at least).

Hope it brings you many trouble free miles!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
MathWiz said:

Charles
Well if she's younger than you, she DEFINETELY isn't old enough to be driving one of those :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts