DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had to go to the u-pull yard today, and as I'm pulling into the driveway I see a dark green older ( still 2gen ) Intrepid sitting in the driveway, first thought...competition for parts! I walk into the office and there's this young guy at the counter talking to the manager ( Rob ) and asking him about a part on the back of his door panel. As soon as I see the panel, I know it's Intrepid. Rob looks up, sees me and announces that the " resident Intrepid expert is right here" I'm thinking "ok, I'm just here for ignition rings and cupholders" but whatever.

So, this kid starts explaing his problem to me. His driver's window kept falling off the track, so he tore it all apart, got the peices he needed to fix it, and had been trying to put it all back together in the u-pull parking lot. Unfortunately, he broke off some little plastic piece on the panel and now couldn't get it back together. I look at his panel and see it has the fabric top on it. Bells go off in my head, good it's old, he won't want any of my R/T or SXT parts.

I told him to go have a look for a new door panel out in the third row, purple Intrepid about three cars down. ( I know, it's sad but I check this place out quite regularly and know where the Treps are ) As I'm making my way towards the 1st gens, I see this kid trying to get a door panel off with a robertson screwdriver ( square head for our American friends )To make a long story short, I ended up pulling the panel off for him, no biggie, took about 5 mins, but we started talking about his 98 SE. He bought it in 2000 with 60,000kms and it now has 160,000 with absolutely no maintenance other than oil changes. He then points out the other little things that are wrong with it, overhead light switch doesn't work. I told him to grab one out of the yard, but he didn't know how they came off and didn't want to break it. So, back to the yard, get him a light, out to his car, remove his light and install the new one. He's happy, I'm anxious to go, but he keeps chit chatting away, so what am I to do. He then starts counting his change, and I'm thinking **** I just talked this guy into buying a new light, and he probably doesn't have any money for gas to get home. He reaches up with his hand full of change and says " I wanted to give you $10 for helping me with the door, but the light cost me $3.00 more than I hoped, so I only have $7." My heart sunk...I told him " Us Intrepid brothers have to stick together " then gave him this sites address.

·
Registered
569 Posts
A credit to the Intrepid-addicted comunity, you are. I hope the kid was a computer programmer-hacker who comes by and tells how to get into these damn PCMs.

Jim Snover

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Wow, what a nice guy! Now where are my keyrings? :p

·
Registered
344 Posts
Just kiddin, and by the way I did a good deed for some of your fellow Canadians today. I was at a Sports store today and the guy got a phone call from a local rink manager trying to get him to deliver some black hockey pants shells for a Canadian team ASAP but they had no way to get them over. So being a hockey fan I charge the pants to my credit card and bring the pants over and the Canadian boys pay me the cash. Everybodies happy and I get my good deed for the day.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just kiddin, and by the way I did a good deed for some of your fellow Canadians today. I was at a Sports store today and the guy got a phone call from a local rink manager trying to get him to deliver some black hockey pants shells for a Canadian team ASAP but they had no way to get them over. So being a hockey fan I charge the pants to my credit card and bring the pants over and the Canadian boys pay me the cash. Everybodies happy and I get my good deed for the day.
Did you get a tip? Usually we Canadians would tip for such a nice deed.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
what is this good deed day?

I go to the gas station at 4 am. It's the same BP I go to all the time. Practically know every one who works there. So this guy helped a lady jump start her car, but after she left he realized that his keys had got locked in with the engine running. So it was 30mins after when I got there. He asked me If i knew how to pick a lock, I didn't and he didn't have money to call the lock smith. So I ended up loaning him the $50 to do it.

Oh the car is a olds alero, I think 2004.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Did you get a tip? Usually we Canadians would tip for such a nice deed.
We were talking about that the other day, how nice Canadian's are. You don't see them attacking people every other week. haha

·
Registered
344 Posts
Nope, no tip, but there was alot going on when I got there. The rink manager met me at the door and brought me back to the skate sharpening room where the Canadian dude was sharpening away and stopped briefly to thank me and get the money together. There were three or four young gun slingers from Toronto waiting to get there skates done as well. From the sounds of it this was a pretty high level tournament or tryout for 16 to 21 year olds. Their first game was against another team from Canada. I wouldn't have taken the tip anyway.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Awesome story Cokey.....That was very sweet of you to help him out. Now whats ur address so I can come sit outside your house with my new brakes and rotors looking all confused tryin to put them on So maybe you'll come do it for me. LOL:biggrin:

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Awesome story Cokey.....That was very sweet of you to help him out. Now whats ur address so I can come sit outside your house with my new brakes and rotors looking all confused tryin to put them on So maybe you'll come do it for me. LOL:biggrin:
Straight out your driveway for about 7 hours ( don't hit the lake ) turn left, drive for 6 hours and you should be here.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts