DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
There are some threads about this already, and everybody (myself included) says they're worthless.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I dunno though, I think I need to go to the junk yard and get a few extra throttle bodies to add to my car now.

·
Registered
865 Posts
that is the most rediculos thing I have ever seen, there is no way the air filter on that would even flow 1200cfm even if the stupid thing did work.

I sure could use 7 throttle bodies though.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Getting that much air, you would have to have more gas also, otherwise it would be too lean a mixture....

·
Registered
104 Posts
now now guys, lets not get all carried away. Although it DOES seem too good a deal, we have to trust our fellow man. Remember, it wouldn't be all in caps if it weren't true.

UPDATE: After emailing the seller, i HAVE INDEED CONFIRMED that this upgrade WILL work on our line of cars, and that we can expect at the very least, a 50 horsepower boost.

While we're on the matter, i am happy to report that i have installed my +20 HORSEPOWER SPEEDCHIP DODGE NEON VIPER STRATUS WOW DEAL [email protected]@K, and my car now has the ability to IMPRESS ALL THE LADIES.

·
Registered
865 Posts
96Cruisin said:
now now guys, lets not get all carried away. Although it DOES seem too good a deal, we have to trust our fellow man. Remember, it wouldn't be all in caps if it weren't true.

UPDATE: After emailing the seller, i HAVE INDEED CONFIRMED that this upgrade WILL work on our line of cars, and that we can expect at the very least, a 50 horsepower boost.

While we're on the matter, i am happy to report that i have installed my +20 HORSEPOWER SPEEDCHIP DODGE NEON VIPER STRATUS WOW DEAL [email protected]@K, and my car now has the ability to IMPRESS ALL THE LADIES.
omg you crack me up HAAHHAHAHAA :jester:

the only thing this thing *might* do is make for quicker throttle response by getting the air into the engine faster, or with less effort from sucking action of the piston moving down.

but if a little electric motor like that one could move 1200cfm (with even the largest fan you could think of being put in that little case) it would be so loud you would never want to drive the car again.

This blows 1200 CFM

910 watts, 8.60 amps at 120volts.

also look at the size of the power... wires running to the damn thing the 80mm fan in my computer has larger ones...

incedentally the one of the case fans with the best air flow (the tornado) pushes about 120cfm, and it is SCREAMING loud, this device is about the size of 8 of those (2x2x2) and that would be 960cfm (not really because putting one fan directly infront of another doesnt work, but you get the idea)

CFM isn't really what matters though, as lots of little fans may be able to move alot of air but once the desired space is filled with air pressure is what matters, and little fans or that E-super charger would not be able to generate pressure.

that is 850cfm, less than 960cfm from 8 fans (arranged 4x4). but what would you rather have ;)

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
LeadFootLee said:
This blows 1200 CFM

910 watts, 8.60 amps at 120volts.

that is 850cfm, less than 960cfm from 8 fans (arranged 4x4). but what would you rather have ;)
Hey!!! I need that squirrel cage blower for my garage so I can do some painting next spring!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
865 Posts
I can do some painting next spring!!!
Good stuff :)

Are you making a booth or just gonna go it and just have ventalation?

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
LeadFootLee said:
Good stuff :)

Are you making a booth or just gonna go it and just have ventilation?
Not a real booth - just some overlapping tarps to cover the walls and a good, filtered fan forcing air into the garage to keep the dust and fumes to a minimum ...

·
Registered
865 Posts
forced air into the garage would do that? I would think exhaust would be better.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts