DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway i could change the governor on my car so my engine doesnt cut out at 107mph????

·
Registered
562 Posts
not really i think i chips only work for 95 and lowers PCMs . However I could be wrong and someone correct me if I am

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
get the PCM from an ungoverned 97 sport.

·
Registered
562 Posts
what can i do for my 1996? smart ass! j/k :p

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
yea same here also i know of a company that makes one for the intrepid its pro-tech transmission im not sure what the web address is but just type in protech transmission performance chips on google.com or somewhree and it should come up

·
Registered
562 Posts
some one loan me the like $400 to get it and i'll tell ya how it works :D

·
Registered
973 Posts
ASE chips are a farce, I fear. They promise big increases and show a "dyno" chart to back their claim. If you look at it carefully you will notice that it is hand drawn. Uhm, if you are gonna make claims and try to show a chart ..... at least use a real one.
- BTW, what is a speed limiter? Hmmmm don't have one on the '01 R/T !!!!! Sorry, couldn't resist.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Don Hardy said:
BTW, what is a speed limiter? Hmmmm don't have one on the '01 R/T !!!!!
not in thrasher's POS

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Chips are probably a bad idea, I doubt our puny transmissions could handle any more power.

As for the govenor, why would you want to go faster than 107 mph? The fastest a stock 1st gen can go is 140mph w/o govenor. Drag is a b***h

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i've only hit 107mph once, im just bored wanna do some mods without spending money, so i can say my car goes 120 or whatever... oh well

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Think about it this way, the govenor will prevent you from doing something stupid, like I did, hit 140mph.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha this is true, i just wanna do some mods to the engine but whatever, thanks for all you guys input thus far

·
Registered
890 Posts
No speed limiter here:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Poor thrasher, we need to chip in some money for him and get him a CHIP:tongue: :tongue:

·
Registered
169 Posts
I bought a PCM for a '95 Intrepid of E-Bay and put it in a few weeks ago. I thought it would be just like mine until I decided to take up to the top of the speedo. I was expecting the engine to pull back on me and slow down, but it just kept on pullin. I hit 125 until i had to back off. I was very suprised. I'm pretty sure this PCM isn't chipped, so either some '95s came without a govenor or the previous owner knew how to deactivate it.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I may be wrong, but I think some Intrepids came with a nicer suspension an tire package. These had no governer. There's got to be someone else out there who knows more on this subject than I do. Anyone else care to share?

·
Registered
169 Posts
It was called the "Performance and Handling Group" Package. The car came with michelin tires that could take highier speeds. Visions also came with this option. Other than that your on your own.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts