DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Printed off the instructions and looks very straight-forward. Was wondering if any modifications are needed for the 2.7 L or are they exactly the same? Thanks

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
That's a good question? I know he was working with a 2.7, but I'm not sure if this one will work. Hopefully he can answer that :)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I know he had one that worked for the 2.7 but he had to do something different with it. I think maybe it was just with the piece that connected to the TB? I'd like to know too because I'd be interested in making one for my car.

but i have a question, is there a cheaper alternative to that Nitrile Rubber stuff that I could buy locally and not off the interenet?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
just one more quick question - what exactly is the purpose of the little breather thingy that you put on the "hump" connector? It would be after your air filter, so it'd be letting dirty air into your intake, and wouldnt' that be bad?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I was wondering if anyone knows if this voids any warenty on the car.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
I found a company online that will sell the small quantities of aluminum tubing to the speicified cut lengths. The total for both the 10-3/4 and the 3-1/2 pieces is a little over $21. Just the fact that the pieces will arrive cut to length will make the intake construction much easier to do. The vendor I found is www.onlinemetals.com. Let me know if anyone finds a better price than this.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I added the 2.7 requirments to the post.

The breather connects to the valve cover breather, sorry forgot to mention that.

·
Registered
336 Posts
blkbute, the only way it can void the warranty is if the dealer can specifically prove that what you changed actually caused something to break. I dont think you'll have to worry about changing the intake tubing voiding a warranty.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by joekd:
I found a company online that will sell the small quantities of aluminum tubing to the speicified cut lengths. The total for both the 10-3/4 and the 3-1/2 pieces is a little over $21. Just the fact that the pieces will arrive cut to length will make the intake construction much easier to do. The vendor I found is www.onlinemetals.com. Let me know if anyone finds a better price than this.
Thanks for the site. :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Joekd, thanx for the site... I was almost gonna go with 3" dia exhaust pipe from an auto store :D

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Just a quick update, onlinemetals just sent me an order confirmation, my pipes have shipped. They processed and shipped my whole order in under 6 hours!!!! I'm getting excited.....can't wait for that throaty underhood growl!!

Thanks again to Gr8wht, without your testing and design this wouldn't be possible.

·
Registered
39 Posts
What is everyone choosing for the Inner diameter when custom-ordering the Aluminum tubing? Im guessing the bigger the better, making the wall thinner, maybe the 2.870...wich is best?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I remember reading a post before about how you couldn't use all PVC pipe for the intake because it would warp over time w/ the heat of the engine, but would it work to do it out of 100% PVC, even the 90 and 45 degree turns, then just insulate the outside of it with something? It would be much more cost effective. just a thought

1 - 16 of 16 Posts