DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Im just leaving downtown, I pull up at a red light. Beside me are these guys, lookin at the car, then they asked if I wanted to race, oh and I did. Other light turns yellow, were both start the brake stands, we took off and I was ahead the whole race. all they saw was the backend. LOL. Grand Am, built for losers. LOL

[ August 30, 2001: Message edited by: blkbute ]

·
Registered
336 Posts
That's pretty funny, can't believe they actually asked you to race. I don't even think even the Grand Am GT's are fast enough to take any of the Intrepids. Nice kill!

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
you'd have to get a GTP, a GTX, or a bonneville SSEi to beat a 1st 3.5, 2nd 3.2 or R/T. you could take a GT in probably a 3.3 and for sure in a 2.7.

my other roomie drives a grand prix, i call him a Ponti-asshole. his car is sloooow.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Excellent kill! 99.9% of Pontiac owners think they are the don, they are the most uglyiest cars on the road, cheap and nasty.... yeah you go Pontiac killer! :)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I think we should make a Pontiac Decal, Kelvin and hobs type thing, piss on that stupid ass logo they have..

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
If anyone has a scan of this sticker I`ll modify it if y`all wish! :)

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Yeah the Grand AM's aren't much of the match. The GT2's (ram air) are only 175hp and about that much torque.

Good kill.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Speaking of Grand Ams, when I was at the Detroit International Auto Show, they had a Grand Am displayed and a woman who was explaining the new Grand Am. I don't know if this will ever make it into production, but it looked sharp (the outside did, I really couldn't get to see the inside) but the woman said that it will be rated at 260hp!!! That would be a mover!! :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm with ya, I hate pontiac's. I can't wait to race one. Man, you guys get to have all the fun. Menomonie, WI is boreing. The only racing I get to do is against my in-laws, they all have Fords, I've beaten all of them. Now that is boreing. :mad:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I would like to take on a Grand Prix GT. I think that it would be one close race though, like I had no problem with the Grand Am, I was pulling away the whole race, but the GT packs the 3.8, can a 3.2 show it up?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is what I found on the Grand Prix GT.
Horsepower 195 @ 5200 RPM
Torque (lb-ft) 220 @ 4000 RPM

But I do not know how acurate this is, because I always thought that it had 200 HP

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hmm, yeah. the weight is about the same as well, the cars are almost the same, I think I would want a near empty car to do it though, I do not want it to show me whos boss. another question, does Premium fuel give you a little more power?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, I was hoping no one would say that, but I guess someone did. Like I guess it does have a better chance just because it does have a 3.8 instead of a 3.2, bigger is better.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
that means that a 1st gen 3.5 should be able to mop up with the GT because we can beat 3.2 ESs right?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Some info i found from manufacturers
Grand AM
175 hp @ 4800 rpm (GT models)
200 lb.-ft. @ 4000 rpm (GT models)
Intrepid
DOHC 24V SMPI V6 SOHC 2.7L (167 CID)
Net Power kW (bhp) @ rpm 149 (200)(1) @ 5,900
Net Torque N•m (lb. ft.) @ rpm 258 (190)(1) @ 4,300

So the GT1 grand am could take a base intrepid, my guess, more torque, less weight, dont know about the ES, ES is heavier
so it may be close, RT well its a simple horse and torque game there

This is what i got for an RT
Acceleration: 0-100 kph in 8.8 sec. 400 m in 16.5 sec. (listed for the RT engine)
This is what i got for a GT1 (ram air(this is standard by the way on the GT1))
Acceleration: 0-100 kph in 8 sec. 400 m in 16.1 sec. (listed for the 3.4 Ram air)

Its only MSN carpoint numbers so i wouldnt say they are exact

Just for info, and i dont drive a Grand AM :)

Later
GIG

1 - 20 of 29 Posts