DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SORRY TYPO IN TITLE, GRAND PRIX 3.1* ITS SUPPOSED TO BE

Well on my way home tonight I pulled up to the last stoplight in town before you get out into the boonies. Well there was a Grand Prix there which I had no intention of racing, cause after working at a Pontiac garage all summer, I know there faster then my 3.3. I noticed it had a single exhaust pipe and no GT badge which in my experience means that they have the 3.1, not the 3.8. Anyway, the gangster driving started inching foreward so I got ready in case he took off fast. He took off slow, so I took off slow to, but just a little faster then him. As soon as he seen me passing him, I heard him gun it, so I did the same and to my supprise, started to pull away, faster, faster and faster. Well he stayed about a length behind me untill right around 110MPH, where I let off (its only a 45MPH, i woulda been in HUGE trouble had there been a cop). I stayed goin about 75 untill I had to turn on my road, but then he did a gay flyby with his finger out the window. I had a long day so I wasnt about to put up with that, so I chased him for about 2 miles and his buddy in the passenger seat looked to be panicking a little bit. Not wanting to get shot by some gangster, I turned around and went home and parked the Intrepid safely in the garage just in case they come lookin later. Again my Intrepid makes me proud!!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Youre going to get shot one of these days up there in N-town, WI!

No but seriously, sounds fun. Just be careful.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Nice Kill

Now if it had the strange Cat Fish front end that the older Ses had it could have been a 3.8L it wasn't until they kille dthat facia that all Se s had 3.1L But still I don't think it would mater much from what I've seen unless it's the supercharged L67 even the 3.3 will kill a L36 (N/A 3.8)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Nice Kill

Now if it had the strange Cat Fish front end that the older Ses had it could have been a 3.8L it wasn't until they kille dthat facia that all Se s had 3.1L But still I don't think it would mater much from what I've seen unless it's the supercharged L67 even the 3.3 will kill a L36 (N/A 3.8)
Umm, no. The L36 out-accellerates the 3.3.
The 3.1 - as etfuller raced- is a very close match to the 3.3 in the Intrepid. If you manage to stay 1 car length ahead (or behind) in a race to 110mph, I'd call that a dead heat. Small variation due to spark plugs, wires, filters, tire pressure can either put you ahead by a bit or behind.
Great race, nonetheless, etfuller.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I'm not surprised at all that the Intrepid won. My 3.1 has lost to Camry's and Civic's, only because the damn transmission wouldn't kick-down, so I couldn't get any torque at all when said cars decided I wasn't going fast enough and passed me. Still, I can live with it... but as soon as it goes I'm dropping in the L67 with the HD differential and axles haha. If you raced from the get-go (instead of after starting to drive alread) then it probably would have been a different story... not to mention that the gangsta probably doesn't take care of his motor like I do mine.

Oh and if you hit 110, then you should have pulled away much faster. My 2003 SE tops out at 104 MPH... computer limited. I hate it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts