DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took one for a test drive. WOW! All you GM haters need to take one of these things for a spin. Very nice. Very quick! My LHS has the 3.5 HO, and this thing would have left it in the dust. Hopefully I can talk the wife into buying it now!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Never drove a new one....but the lines of that car leave something to be desired. It's not all about speed as I'm quickly learning. Speeding tickets are a killer :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
true on the speeding tickets. I had a 97 Grand Prix GT, and liked it a lot. It was a coupe and I had put 100K miles on it. 2 kids later, I traded it in for my LHS. I like the look of the new ones, especially the tail. And the interior is pretty slick looking IMO.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
heh, i just posted on the clubgp forums about Yb getting fired and trying to get some support. I read their forums every once in a while. I wouldnt mind a GTP just because they are so mod friendly.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Who got fired for what???? I haven't been able to browse the board here for a while. What did I miss?

·
Registered
1,825 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
i got to drive a 00 grand prix GT. its was my dad's rental car and i had just gotten my temporary driver's permit, so it was the first car i got to drive. i definitely enjoyed driving it, it was fast, handled well, and was comfortable. i love the way those cars look too, and there are plenty of mods avaliable to make the GTP into a 10 second car. this is what i'm saving for next, like a 98 GTP sedan.
:biggrin:

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Actually the fastest GTP is an 11 second car, how do i know you ask. Well it happens to be sitting in a driveway right accross the street:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,551 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Hey Keith, I was just reading up over there because I've been posting away in the gp forums in light of the recent events here. :rolleyes: Anyway, that car is sweet. I recently posted in a thread about a guy with an 11 second GTP that wants to sell it for a 300M. Why? The looks and feel. :)

·
Registered
458 Posts
i like the overall sportier look of the GTP compared to the more refine/sophisticated look of the 300M. the 3.8L GM engine is suppose to be a great engine. i have seen some very nice things done to grand prix's, it goes back to the theory that is much more avaliable in the aftermarket for those cars especially compared to our LH cars with a limited aftermarket. and besides, i can find a nice GTP for considerably less $$ than a comparable 300m

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, it's official! I'm getting GTP Comp G! Probably in about a week or so. Trading in the LHS. Getting squat for it too. :( Having 101k miles will do that though...

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
lhs99 said:
Well, it's official! I'm getting GTP Comp G! Probably in about a week or so. Trading in the LHS. Getting squat for it too. :( Having 101k miles will do that though...
Hey, congrats man. If you like what you've seen so far, you won't be disappointed. :)

Although, I'm of the feeling that a used one would be better, because there's no warantee to void with all the modding.

Yep, the look and the feel. Valid reasons I'd say. I'm not a huge fan of the Pontiac exteriors, and a 300M is more luxo.

That's why I got a GS. :p

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Took out a new black GTP Had every single thing thing on it but the 48,000 price tag kinda turned off off not to mention the exterior is FUGLY...the back windows are so small ( not to mention the fisher price interior) but hey it is fast no doubt about that!!

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
OK I didn't realize that he had broken into the tens. Scott Cooks white GTP is the one accross the street. I just wanna jizz my pants every time he starts it up to take it to the track.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
lhs99 said:
How much are they giving you for it? You should offer it up on the board for a few hundred more.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts